An Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing helps firms to inform and engage consumers. Through marketing, companies build reputation, drive sales, and develop growth.
- Students learn the marketing knowledge and theories in our Marketing program. They will develop marketing skills by completing hands on projects and team activities. The marketing program gives students opportunities to learn the foundations of marketing, while practicing their knowledge for their future careers.
- Courses in marketing provide real world experiences such as client marketing plans, advertising plans and market research studies taught by faculty who have worked in the field in such positions as brand managers, consultants, retail managers, and sales in the US and abroad.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, marketing jobs are expected to increase faster than average by 8% until 2028. Advertising, promotions, and marketing managers make a median of $135,900 per year , while market research analysts make a median of $63,790 per year. Marketing jobs offer opportunities in for-profit companies, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies.
- Marketing manager/specialist
- Advertising manager/specialist
- Brand manager
- Digital marketing manager
- Marketing analyst
- Sports/entertainment agent
- Retail manager
- Marketing is exciting, future oriented, and visionary. A career in marketing means you can find a job in any industry that you like. In today’s world with so much competition, marketing is vital to any business to be able to distinguish their offering from other companies.
Student Clubs, Professional Organizations, and aligned Centers:
- American Marketing Association (AMA)
- American Marketing Association- Inland Empire (AMA-IE)
- Student AMA Club Chapter
Experiential Learning, Service Learning, and Research Opportunities:
- Yotie Entertainment
- Coyotes of Comedy
- Spring Classic Charity Golf Tournament
- Annual Coyote Career Academy organized by the AMA
Graduate Program and Certification:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Digital Marketing Certificate (forthcoming, Fall 2021)