Logistics plays a major role in the Inland Empire of Southern California. The William and Barbara Leonard Transportation Center (LTC) is the voice for an integrated and sustainable transportation system in our region.
In 2019, the LTC will offer its second Regional Mobility Dialogue Series. The 2018 series was a wonderful success, bringing together policymakers and thought leaders from both public and private sectors as well as CSUSB faculty experts, students, and members of the public for a lively series of discussions. 2018 topics included ways of maintaining the region’s competitiveness and quality of life, emerging technologies affecting transportation, the role of rail and transit in our region, the advantages and disadvantages of congestion pricing, and ways to fund our transportation future.
I hope you will be able to join the Dialogue Series this year as a sponsor. In 2019, we will continue to address important transportation issues facing our community. Topics under consideration include:
- Cyber security and potential threats into the traffic system
- Electrification of semi-trucks and impacts on freight distribution
- Smart-city concepts and their real life applications to transportation
- Infrastructure funding for the increasing number of electrical vehicles
- The changing dynamics of transportation occupations and the affect on jobs
With your help, the Leonard Transportation Center can continue to offer this engaging series at low- or no-cost to participants. If you are interested in sponsoring the LTC Regional Mobility Dialogue Series, please take a look at our sponsorship packet and the options available to you.