COVID-19 / Coronavirus Information Stay Informed
Main Content Region

Continuous Enrollment

What Is Continuous Enrollment?

University policy requires all graduate students to be continuously enrolled at the university each quarter until the awarding of the degree. Continuous enrollment can be met either by regular enrollment in California State University, San Bernardino courses, or by enrolling in a Graduate Continuous Enrollment course offered through the College of Extended Learning. No credit is earned; however, students are allowed to maintain their status in their graduate degree program.

* International Students: If you are taking courses less than required units, you need to submit a Waiver request form. 8 units for graduate class level are required. The form is available at the International Center. After obtaining signature from your adviser, please submit it back to the International Center. Delay in submitting the form could cause a hold on your account and you being out of status. Make sure to submit the form prior to the quarter you plan to take less than 8 units.

Project Students

Students who have enrolled in the required number of project units but have not completed their project must maintain continuous enrollment by enrolling in 698 (zero units).

Thesis Student

Students who have enrolled in the required number of thesis units, but have not completed their thesis, must maintain continuous enrollment by enrolling in 698 (zero units).

Comprehensive Exam Students

Students who have completed all coursework and are preparing for the comprehensive exam must remain in continuous enrollment by enrolling in 698 (zero units).


$260 per quarter

How to Enroll

Students will need to complete the “Non Credit Registration Form” and present to their respective academic college for approval. Upon approval from the College, student must submit the form and payment to the College of Extended Learning.

Three ways to register:

  1. By mail, using the registration form; mail registration form to College of Extended Learning, 5500 University Parkway, San Bernardino, CA 92407.
  2. In person, Monday to Thursday at the College of Extended Learning (Sierra Hall, Room 134); if paying with cash, please have exact amount.
  3. By phone, by faxing the registration form to 909-537-5907. Once registration form is received, the student must call within 24 hours to pay course fee using a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.

Late Registration

Students must register by the end of the third week of the quarter or a late fee will apply.

College of Extended Learning Contact

LeSondra M. Jones, Program Coordinator, Professional and Continuing Education
Sierra Hall 134
Direct line: 909-537-3990

Refer to the Leave of Absence Policy stated on the Graduate Studies>>Policies and Procedures page.