Before you can be enter the ETEC program you must follow the appropriate procedures to be admitted to the university.
Briefly you must:
- have completed a four year college degree program at an accredited institutions with a 3.0 or above GPA in the last 60 semester or 90 quarter units. Students with 2.5 to 3.0 GPA may be admitted conditionally.
- have completed an admissions application online at Cal State Apply
- submit an application fee of $55.00
- submit one (1) copy of official transcripts from all colleges and universities you attended.
The requirements for admission to the program include:
- admission to the university
- having a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 ('B') in all upper-division courses
- three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your work history or educational background submitted to Candice Hrdlicka at the College of Education Masters and Credentials Office. Her Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students who do not meet these criteria may be admitted as conditionally classified graduate students. Students admitted in this category may be changed to classified standing with approval of the College of Education. No more than 20 quarter units may be used to demonstrate fitness to complete the program.
For details, please refer to the Graduate Studies website.
The master's in instructional technology at CSUSB prepares students to be instructional designers, improve use of instructional technology and support the use of technology in a variety of career paths: Technology Coordinator at a school or district level, Instructional Materials Developer, Online Instructor, Online Course Developer, Corporate Trainer, Digital Media Designer and Developer, etc.
The CSUSB Instructional Technology program offers one master’s degree (Master’s in Education) and two certificates (Educational Technology, e-Learning). Students will have the choice of face-to-face, hybrid, or online format courses, allowing each person to choose a course delivery format that best fits their situation.
Instructional Technology (ETEC) is the study of facilitating learning and improving student performance by focusing on the role of technology and the processes for teaching and learning (Reiser 2011).
The Instructional Technology (ETEC) program at CSUSB prepares students to improve their creation and use of instructional media in their teaching practice or to take their place in any number of careers.
Reiser, R. A., & Dempsey, J. V. (2011). Trends and issues in instructional design and technology. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Merrill Prentice Hall.
Dr. Eun-Ok Baek
Program Coordinator, Professor