Before you can be enter the ETEC program you must follow the appropriate procedures to be admitted to the university.
Briefly you must:
- have completed a four year college degree program at an accredited institutions with a 3.0 or above GPA in the last 60 semester or 90 quarter units. Students with 2.5 to 3.0 GPA may be admitted conditionally.
- have completed an admissions application online at Cal State Apply
- submit an application fee of $70.00
- submit one (1) copy of official transcripts from all colleges and universities you attended. (At the time of applying, unofficial transcripts (e.g. PDF) are acceptable. Once officially admitted to the program, you will be given time to submit official ones.)
The requirements for admission to the program include:
- admission to the university
- having a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 ('B') in all upper-division courses. Students with 2.5 to 3.0 GPA may be admitted conditionally.
- three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your work history or educational background. Please add the email addresses of three people who have agreed to write a letter for you to the CSU Apply system as a part of your application package. The admission system will send an invitation to them.
- personal statement (1 page) that describes why you want to study IDT and how studying IDT would benefit your career.
Please submit your name to Request Graduate Program Information to receive important information about the IDT program.
|Fall 2023||Spring 2024||Fall 2024||Spring 2025|
International Student Admission
The IDT program is considered as a STEM major (13.0501). If an international student is interested in applying for Optional Practical Training (OPT), s/he may be eligible for obtaining 3-year-OPT (This information is subject to change. Please check with the Graduate International Admission for details).
|Fall 2023||Spring 2024|
Application Opens: October 1, 2022
Application Closes: June 1, 2023 (or earlier if the Graduate program deadline is before the IA established deadline)
Document Deadline: June 1, 2023
Application Opens: August 1, 2023
Application Closes: November 1, 2023 (or earlier if the Graduate program deadline is before the IA established deadline)
Document Deadline: November 1, 2023
*This will allow time for applicants to be evaluated by international admissions, by the department/program coordinators for an admission decision, and set up Visa Interviews to ensure arrival for the applicable term. These international deadlines are consistent with other CSU campuses.
Students who do not meet these criteria may be admitted as conditionally classified graduate students. Students admitted in this category may be changed to classified standing with approval of the College of Education. No more than 20 quarter units may be used to demonstrate fitness to complete the program.
For details, please refer to the Graduate Studies website.
Financial aid & Scholarships information for information about financial aid programs.
Applying Program and Admission Video