- EDUC 603 Effective Communication in Education (4)
- EDUC 605 Foundations of Education (4)
- EDUC 607 Introduction to Educational Research (4) *can be replaced by ETEC 643
- ETEC 500 Foundations of Instructional Technology (4)
- ETEC 543 Technology and Learning I (4)
- ETEC 544 Design and Development of Instructional Materials I (4)
- ETEC 692 Practicum in Educational Technology
Applicants must also choose one of the following emphases:
- ETEC 643 Technology and Learning II (4)
- ETEC 644 Design and Development of Instructional Materials II (4)
Maximum 12 units of the following elective courses:
- ETEC 501 Foundations of E-Learning
- ETEC 541 E-Learning Design & Development
- ETEC 542 Seminar in Instructional Technology
- ETEC 546 Computer Based Technology in Education II
- ETEC 614 Need Assessment: Issues and Techniques
- ETEC 617 Evaluation of Instructional Development and Change Process
- ETEC 623 Technology for Educational Leaders
- ETEC 634 Information Systems in Education
- ETEC 648 E-Learning Delivery & Assessment
- ETEC 674 Learning Technology & Methods
- ETEC 676D Advanced Topics in Instructional Technology
- ETEC 676D Topics that have been offered include:
- Web Quest
- Mobile Learning
- Rapid Prototyping
- Backwards Design
- Interactive Multimedia
- Website Development
- Open Source Software for Education
- Tools for Instructional Design: iDVD and iMovie
- New Media and Education, i.e. Blogging and Podcasting
- Design and Development of Online Instructional Materials
- Using video and other multimedia as an instruction tool
- Maximum of 8 Units may be taken from another department, accredited college, or university.
Option1: Masters Project/Thesis
Applicants must also complete the following:
- ETEC 699 Master's Degree Project/Thesis (4)
Taking one of the emphasis courses will help you draft your MA Project Application Form and conduct your potential MA projects. ETEC 699 is a course designed for student to focus on the completion of students' MA project. The master's project will require a substantial commitment of time. Please allow at least 2 quarters to complete the project. Before students register for ETEC 699, students need to refer to the MA Project Checklist under Resources.
ETEC 699 Note: you should not expect to begin your project in ETEC 699. You should take ETEC 699 when you expect to complete your project. In order to take ETEC 699 you must:
- Have advanced to candidacy.
- Have submitted a
*Make sure to review the information on the Thesis, Project, and Dissertation page in the Graduate Studies website as to thesis template, thesis format review, etc/.
Option2: Comprehensive Exam
Comps Exam by taking ETEC 542D (4 units) or an additional elective (4 units) and ETEC 999 (0 units). You must pass the comprehensive examination. To be eligible to take the examination, you must submit your e-portfolio to ETEC faculty members and pass an e-Portfolio defense, which will be held on the 3rd Friday every quarter.
To register, contact Shani Sims email@example.com
Masters and Credentials Office in CE-102
Students who have completed all coursework and plan to take the comprehensive exam may enroll in 999 Comprehensive Exam (zero units) through the College of Extended Learning.