Welcome to the School of Computer Science and Engineering Advising Page. Advising is critical for your academic success and ensures you are on track for graduation. This site will help you navigate the advising process starting with the CNS Advising Center and through your faculty advisors.
How to Make an Advising Appointment:
- Freshmen students who have completed less than 45 units should make an appointment with a Professional Advisor at CSUSB Advising and Academic Services by phone (909) 537-5034 or email email@example.com.
- If you have completed more than 45 units but less than 60, you should make an appointment with an advisor at the College of Natural Sciences (CNS) Professional Advising Center. To make an appointment with an Advisor, please visit the CNS Professional Advising Center, located in UH-362 and schedule an appointment or by calling (909) 537-7345 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit CNS Professional Advising Center's website for *Virtual appointments* request.
Note: To make an appointment with your faculty advisor, please check your Faculty Advisor contact information and contact via email.
Preparing for an Advising Appointment:
Before attending an advising appointment with a faculty member please review the videos below to help prepare you for your appointment.
- BS Computer Engineering Roadmap - Flowchart - Bulletin
- BS Computer Science Roadmap - Flowchart - Bulletin
- BS Bioinformatics Roadmap - Flowchart - Bulletin
- BA Computer Systems Bulletin
- MS Computer Science Bulletin (Graduate Students should see the CSE Graduate Coordinator)
- CSE Tentative Schedule 2020-22
Advising Sheets for Quarter Completers
In fall 2020, the campus converted from quarter to semester. Students continuing on the quarter system should seek advising from their faculty advisors listed above. . For more detailed information and updates about the conversion, please visit the Q2S Conversion website. Below are some useful sites for the Q2S conversion.
Phone: (909) 537-7771
The CSE Faculty are here to assist you in reaching your academic success. The Department's goal is to help our quarter completers graduate in a timely manner.
Transfer and Articulation System ( ASSIST)
ASSIST (Articulation System Stimulating Interinstitutional Student Transfer) is the official repository of articulation for California's public colleges and universities providing the most accurate and up-to-date information available about student transfer in California. ASSIST is a student-transfer information system that displays reports of how course credits earned at one California Community College can be applied when transferred to a California State University or University of California campus.
ASSIST is available at www.assist.org.
Preparing to Graduate
Undergraduate students must file a Graduation Requirement Check (Grad Check) with the Office of the Registrar when they have completed 90 semester units towards their degree. This service is now available online through your MyCoyote Student Center. Graduate students must request a Grad Check at least one term prior to their expected graduation.
For more information regarding the online Graduation Check process, please visit the Office of the Registrar Graduation Requirement Check website or click the button above.
The STEM Center is a grant-funded project whose mission is to increase graduation and retention for students pursuing STEM fields while providing the proper resources and tools for student success at CSUSB and beyond. Our goal is to empower and boost student self-efficacy through a holistic advising model.
At the STEM Center, students are paired with an academic advisor to help them with all their academic needs. Students meet with their assigned advisor throughout the academic year to review academic goals and progress, career goals, and resources to enhance their undergraduate experience
Phone: (909) 537-4223
The Career Center is committed to helping students achieve their personal and professional goals. The range of services includes career counseling to identify career, educational, and personal goals. The Handshake technology platform connects students with internships, jobs and career opportunities.