Welcome to the School of Computer Science and Engineering Advising Page. Advising is critical for your academic success and ensures you are on track for graduation. This site will help you navigate the advising process starting with the CNS Advising Center and through your faculty advisors.
How to Make an Advising Appointment:
- Freshmen who have completed less than 45 units should see a professional advisor in Advising and Academic Services: (909) 537-5034, firstname.lastname@example.org. For instructions on how to make an appointment. For instructions on how to cancel an academic advising appointment.
- If you have completed more than 45 units but less than 60, you should see an advisor at the College of Natural Sciences (CNS) Professional Advising Center. To make an appointment with a CNS Professional Advisor, please visit the College of Natural Science (CNS) Professional Advising Center, located in TO-145. Students can also schedule appointments with the advising center by calling (909) 537-7345 or emailing email@example.com. Visit the CNS Professional Advising Center's website for more information. *Virtual appointments are available for Fall 2021.
Note: The CSE Department will be operating remotely in Spring 2021, please email Ms. Ana Sanchez, ASanchez@csusb.edu, for questions. To make an appointment with your faculty advisor, please contact your faculty advisor via email.
Preparing for an Advising Appointment:
Before attending an advising appointment with a faculty member please review the videos below to help prepare you for your appointment.
- BS Computer Engineering Roadmap Flowchart Bulletin
- BS Computer Science Roadmap Flowchart Bulletin
- BS Bioinformatics Roadmap Flowchart Bulletin
- BA Computer Systems Bulletin
- MS Computer Science Bulletin (Graduate Students should see the CSE Graduate Coordinator)
- CSE Tentative Schedule 2020-22
Advising Sheets for Quarter Completers
In fall 2020, the campus converted from quarter to semester. Students continuing on the quarter system should seek advising from their faculty advisors listed above. . For more detailed information and updates about the conversion, please visit the Q2S Conversion website. Below are some useful sites for the Q2S conversion.
Phone: (909) 537-7771
The CSE Faculty are here to assist you in reaching your academic success. The Department's goal is to help our quarter completers graduate in a timely manner.
Transfer and Articulation System ( ASSIST)
ASSIST (Articulation System Stimulating Interinstitutional Student Transfer) is the official repository of articulation for California's public colleges and universities providing the most accurate and up-to-date information available about student transfer in California. ASSIST is a student-transfer information system that displays reports of how course credits earned at one California Community College can be applied when transferred to a California State University or University of California campus.
ASSIST is available at www.assist.org.
The Career Center is committed to helping students achieve their personal and professional goals. The range of services includes career counseling to identify career, educational, and personal goals. The Handshake technology platform connects students with internships, jobs and career opportunities.