SSH Remote Access to CSE Labs for Windows with PuTTY Using DUO Authentication
Revised by Pedro Lorenzano Rodriguez (CSE-ITS) • October 10, 2023
1. Download PuTTY from http://www.putty.org(choose MSI Windows Installer)
2. Double-click the file downloaded in Step 1 to install PuTTY and follow Installer instructions until the installation is completed.
3. Start PuTTY and connect to host by filling “Host Name” with “cse-jump.csusb.edu”, then click “Open” (As shown in Screenshot 1). You can save the session for future use by filling “Saved Sessions” with “CSE-Jump”, then click “Save” (as shown in Screenshot 2)
4. Enter your COYOTEID@csusb.edu for example email@example.com as your username and your MyCoyote Credentials as your password.
- Once you have entered your credentials you can Enter 1 to receive a Duo notification
5. Accept DUO notification on your phone
6. You are now connected to CSE-Jump
7. You can now ssh into the lab machines example: ssh jb359-4.cse.csusb.edu
8. When complete, you an enter EXIT or CRTL+D to exit terminal.