CSUSB Transportation Services
---- NOTICE: Important Update to the EV Pricing Schedule ---
Please click HERE for the latest information
EV pricing update schedule to go into effect on July 1st, 2023
Are you looking for a better way to get to campus? You’ve come to the right place! When you share the ride, everyone benefits; your community, the environment, your car, and your wallet! CSUSB Transportation Services is here to help you get started with our exclusive Commuter Website Portal.
Your customized-commute starts here:
Commuter PortralCoyotes, travel in a PACK!
Options that fit your needs:
Our program works hard to reduce traffic congestion and increase mobility throughout campus. We encourage alternate modes of transportation and reward eligible participants with our various incentive programs. Anyone using any form of alternative transportation is eligible for an incentive. We also offer free exclusive CSUSB carpool matching, vanpool coordination, and several FREE bus transit options. Now more than ever it's easier to save money, save time and help CSUSB reduce our collective carbon footprint.
Catch a FREE ride on our transit partners!
Mass Transit Partners - Students, Faculty and Staff ride FREE!
Omni-Trans - Serving San Bernardino
Victor Valley Transit Authority - Connecting the High Desert Region to CSUSB
Sunline - Commuter 10 and HAUL Pass - Connecting CSUSB and PDC
Real-Time Vanpool Waitlist:
(Please click here, for data table)
Why choose Alternative Transportation Options?
There are TONS of reasons (4.6 tons of CO2, to be precise) for you to choose a less traditional means of travel during your daily commute. Here are just a few:
- Enjoy significant savings - Save up to $6,000 dollars per year! Share costs with; ridesharing, free transit passes and free EV charging!
- Save time - Enjoy access to the HOV lanes with; Vanpool, Carpool and Mass Transit
- Reclaim lost time and reduce stress - Commuting is stressful! Sit back and relax while professional drivers, Drive Captains or turn-based scheduled drivers take the wheel.
- Do your part to reduce pollution and harmful emissions - Help the CSUSB community save up to an average of 4.6 TONS of carbon dioxide per year, for every vehicle we take off the road! (Source: EPA)
Real talk, let's see the data!
Current Average Impact per Vanpool (Q4 2021):
- Parking Spaces Reduced - 10
- Commuter Miles Saved - 38,724
- CO2 Reduction in LBS - 30,102
- Commuter Savings versus Driving Alone - $16,486
Average savings per vanpool participant:
Average Savings per Vanpool Participant:
- Savings vs Driving Alone - up to $500 per month or $5,995 per year
- Usable Time Back to Riders - 26 hours per month or 312 hours per year
- Miles Reduced on Personal Car - 1,291 miles per month or 15,489 miles per year
|Daily||Monthly||Annual||Serving / Notes|
|$60.00||$720.00||San Bernardino and Connections|
|Sunline - 10 Commuter Link||$150.00||$1,800.00||CSUSB - Palm Desert Campus|
|Sunline - HAUL Pass||$34.00||$408.00||Coachella Valley|
|VVTA - 15 Commuter Link / Howling Xpress||$13.00||$403.00||$4,836.00||CSUSB - High Desert|
|VVTA - Local Service||$45.00||$540.00||High Desert|
|Subsidized Electric Vehicle Charging||$4.50||$139.00||$1,668.00||CSUSB, PDC|
|Totals||$831.00||$9,972.00||Free to CSUSB Students, Faculty and Staff - Courtesy of Parking and Transportation Services|