Spring Only 2024 Student Housing Application
The Spring Semester 2024 student housing application opened on Monday, October 2, 2023 at 12 noon in the Housing Portal. The Spring 2024 license agreement is for January 19 through May 19, 2024. Housing assignments are made based on application submission date and space availability. We anticipate spaces opening from graduating students and other single term residents. A waiting list may be offered should spaces become completely filled for the Spring Semester.
STEP 1 – Consider your options
- Review Village options, room/apartment type, and housing fees
- Explore Living Learning Communities (space may be limited for Spring 2024)
- Review the 2023-2024 Student Housing License Agreement (contract)
- View the 360 tours of our Villages
- First Year students are eligible for Coyote Village only
- Returning (Continuing) and Transfer students can select Arrowhead Village and University Village
- Please remember, housing assignments are made based on application submission date and space availability
STEP 2 – Submit your Housing Application on the Housing Portal
You will be asked to complete the following information as part of the Housing Application process:
- Demographic Information – Verify your demographic information. This is linked to your student profile which can be updated through myCoyote.
- Emergency Contact Information – You will be asked to provide the name, telephone number, and email address of someone you designate as your emergency contact person.
- FERPA Information Release Consent – You will be able to identify a person (parent, guardian, designee) to access your CSUSB Housing records. Housing and Residential Education will not disclose any information from your records to individuals not identified in the FERPA release section. Read more about your rights under FERPA.
- Roommate Compatibility – You will complete the Roommate Compatibility questions about room environment and social interactions; your answers will assist in matching roommate/apartment-mates. It is important to provide information that accurately reflects you in the Roommate Profile to ensure good matches!
- LLC Preference - You will have the option to select a Living Learning Community. Living Learning Communities are limited to space available in the assigned building and/or floor.
- Gender Environment – Single Gender, Mixed Gender, and Gender-Inclusive Housing. This section provides you the option to indicate what type of shared space you feel most comfortable by gender identity (where applicable). CSUSB Housing and Residential Education will not ask for any more information than is required to meet students’ housing needs and all information is confidential and protected by FERPA.
If you cannot complete your Housing Application in one session, you may return to it and continue where you left off. Do not delay in completing your application, priority is based on the date and time that you complete and submit the application. You will receive a confirmation email upon submission of your application sent to your CoyoteMail (csusb.edu email) account.
STEP 3 – Room Assignments and Completing your Student Housing License Agreement (contract)
Check your CoyoteMail often! Assignments will be made on a rolling basis based on application submission date and space availability.
Room assignments are given priority by application submission date and space availability. Room assignments will be emailed to your CoyoteMail. Please review your room assignment and complete the following steps to reserve your housing assignment/placement: Once you receive your room assignment, you can request changes by emailing email@example.com. Room assignments may change before the start of the Fall Semester.
- License Agreement - Complete your 2023-2024 Student Housing License Agreement (contract) through the Housing Portal as the next step in the 2023-2024 Application; if you are under 18 years of age, a parent/guardian must also agree to the terms and conditions through a Minor Guarantor Form.
- Prepayment - Submit your $100 non-refundable prepayment to reserve your spot on campus. The prepayment will be applied to your Spring 2024 housing fees.
- Meal Plan Selection (Coyote Village only) - All Coyote Village residents are required to purchase a Coyote Village Resident Meal Plan from Yotie Eats for the Spring 2024 term.
- Emergency Preparedness Information - You will need to submit or update your responses to the resident Evacuation Information Questionnaire. Housing and Residential Education staff will utilize this information for planning purposes and in the event of a campus evacuation.
Once you have completed all the steps above, you will be able to review your Spring 2024 housing assignment information – your specific Village, room, and roommate/apartment-mate. We encourage you to contact your roommate/apartment-mate(s) to start getting to know each other and coordinate shared space items.
Voluntary Meal Plans
Voluntary meal plans for Arrowhead Village and University Village residents can be selected and purchased through Yotie Eats.
Cancelling an Application or Reservation
You are able to cancel your in-progress Housing Application prior to signing the Student Housing License Agreement by taking no further action or by submitting a cancellation request. After signing the Student Housing License Agreement, you must submit a cancellation request. The "Cancellation Request" can be found on the Housing Portal. The deadline to cancel your (signed) Spring only License Agreement without penalty is December 20, 2023.
Spring 2024 Move-in: January 19
Spring Only move-in day is scheduled for January 19, 2024. All students who have accepted their housing offer will receive a move in letter to their Coyote email in January. All residents must sign up for a move-in appointment and the appointments will be staggered to promote a safe and healthy move-in process; a link for move in times will be include in the move in letter.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to avoid important email notifications from being redirected to your junk/spam folder. If you have questions, please contact us. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.