Village Council is a volunteer organization that falls under the Residence Halls Association (RHA). Village Council is an essential organization in housing that assists with connecting with residents and giving them a place to call home. The mission of Village Council is to help enhance the residential experience through programming, building a strong community, and assembling a connection with residents and housing student leaders. Village Council consists of Coyote Village, Arrowhead Village, and University Village. Any resident within housing can join Village Council and represent their village!
Village Council exists to:
- Plan educational and social community events
- Assist residents in creating a positive living environment
- Advocate for community and resident needs
Each Village Council Executive Board has at least six members: President, Vice President, Business Administration Chair, Programming Chair, Marketing Chair, and Floor Representatives.
Benefits of Village Council Involvement
- Meet and connect with fellow students and staff
- Attend and host fun activities
- Build leadership skills
- Gain professional development
- Advocate for fellow Yotes
- Participate in leadership conferences and development
- Prepare you for future RHA Executive positions
Village Council is an amazing opportunity to get involved. Join Village Council and leave your pawprint on campus. The application is typically available in August for the academic year. If you have any questions or concerns about Village Council or applications, please feel free to contact the Residence Halls Association (RHA) at RHA@csusb.edu.