CHECKING OUT OF YOUR SPACE
PREPARING FOR CHECKOUT
Plan your packing and cleaning in advance - it will likely take longer than you anticipate to prepare for checkout. In order to checkout properly:
- Your room/apartment must be cleaned
- All belongings must be removed, including trash and recycling
- Dispose of all trash and recycling in the appropriate dumpsters located outside of your Village
- Must bring you keycard and/or room key to check out
- Mailbox key must be returned with your other keys (if applicable)
- Windows and doors must be locked
- All university-owned furniture must be in its original place
- We are unable to provide storage in the Villages
Moving bins/blue carts are available to residents for checkout at Village Front Desks. Please use caution when using moving bins/blue carts due to the communal nature of these shared items. If you are in need of move out support/materials, we encourage you to look into alternative options for boxes, storage, etc.
To support the practice of social distancing, each resident must check out of their assigned room through EXPRESS CHECKOUT. Residents are highly encouraged to complete their Express Checkout during Village Front Desk hours.
EXPRESS CHECKOUT PROCESS
- Residents should make sure their space is empty of belongings and cleaned before checking out. Coordinate cleaning of any common spaces with roommate(s) if applicable
- When you're ready to checkout, return all your keys to your Village Front Desk during front desk hours
- Please make sure you dispose of all trash and recycling in the appropriate dumpsters located outside of your Village
- Rooms will be inspected after checkout to ensure appropriate room condition
A $100.00 fine may be imposed on anyone who does not checkout appropriately.
- Room/apartment not thoroughly cleaned
- Trash and/or any items left behind in rooms
- Not returning all keys (including mail key, if applicable)
- Not locking windows and doors upon exit
- All university owned furniture not being in its original place
CLEANING OF ROOMS/APARTMENTS AND COMMON AREAS
If there are damages to the room that you are not responsible for, you must notify your RA before you checkout. If it is unclear who caused the damage and the damages are in a common space, charges will be divided equally between all roommates. Housing DOES NOT provide cleaning supplies, vacuums, or trash bags.
Charges will be assessed by the Department of Housing and Residential Education for cleaning, item and/or trash removal and damages beyond normal wear and tear.