Your safety is our first priority! Our residents' safety and security in residential housing and around the CSUSB campus is important to us. The Department of Housing and Residential Education, in coordination with the University Police, works to provide a safe and healthy living environment for all students through several resources.
Measures to Ensure Students’ Safety:
- Resident Assistants (RAs) on-duty each evening from 5:00 pm - 8:00 am. These highly trained students are available to assist residents with all questions and concerns and have extensive training to handle emergency situations
- Area Coordinators of Residential Education (ACOREs) are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist with emergency situations
- University Police presence, response, and support
- All doors leading to residence halls and apartments are locked 24 hours a day
- Security cameras in public spaces throughout the Villages
- Blue Light Phones located throughout Villages and surrounding areas of campus
Taking responsibility for your personal safety is imperative in a community living environment. Resident Assistants perform rounds each night and University Police services are also available. We encourage residents to take the following measures for their safety and security:
- Carry room keys at all times; do not lend room keys to others
- Don’t let people “tailgate” into the building
- Always lock doors when leaving rooms unattended, even briefly
- Do not prop exterior doors open
- Report any non-locking doors and windows to Village RAs or Front Desk staff
- Report unsafe or suspicious items or persons to Village RAs, ACOREs and/or University Police
- Do not store items in hallways or obstruct doorways
- Use a U-Lock to secure your bike
- Do not post your personal information on online social media sites
- Avoid walking alone at night; walk with a friend or call the Community Service Officer Escort Service at 909.537.5165.
The LiveSafe app provides CSUSB students, faculty and staff with a direct connection to University Police so that everyone can easily communicate all their safety needs. Its easy-to-use features help the campus community stay safe.