Skip banner navigation
Skip to main content
Main Content Region
- Full Refund
- Students must officially notify the College of Extended and Global Education in writing and in advance of the course start date to request withdrawal and a refund. Students withdrawing 48 hours before the first class meeting date will receive a full refund, minus a $25 administrative fee. Courses which cost $75 or less will have a $10 administrative fee. Courses which cost $75 or less will have a $10 administrative fee. Please note some courses are non-refundable, regardless of drop date. Please see specific program refund deadlines.
- In the event of a cancellation of a course because of insufficient enrollment or for other reasons, a full refund of fees will be made.
- Partial Refund
- Students withdrawing before the second meeting date from classes of 6-8 meetings will be refunded 65% of total fees. No refund will be given after the second class meeting begins. Students withdrawing before the third meeting date from classes of 9 or more meetings will be refunded 65% of total fees. No refund will be given after the third class meeting begins.
- No Refund - Please note: Drop date deadlines vary by program. Please see specific program refund deadlines.
- No refund will be made for requests received after the specified final refund date (please see specific program refund deadlines). However, exceptions to this policy will be considered only under the most compelling circumstances. Such petitions can be sent in letter form with appropriate documentation to: Refund Appeals; CSUSB, College of Extended and Global Education; 5500 University Parkway; San Bernardino, CA 92407; or by fax to (909) 537-5907.
Refund checks are mailed approximately 2-4 weeks after the withdrawal request is received by the College of Extended and Global Education. Refunds for credit card payments will be credited back to the original card number.
- For career based online courses for extension credit
- Please choose your career based online course carefully. Once you have been given your password and access to the online course, refunds or fee transfers are no longer possible.
- Academic Credit Degree Programs, Certificate and Courses (Special Sessions)
- For programs whose duration is not listed in the Refund Policy, the campus census dates and related refund dates will apply. For example, for programs lasting 6 weeks, the census date is the eighth day of class and no refund will be issued after that day.
- Once registration has been processed for Open University, full refunds will not be available.
- Cancelled Courses
- Extended Learning courses are self-supporting (not subsidized by state monies), and all course-related expenses are paid from student registration fees. Occasionally, this means that courses with low enrollments must be cancelled before they begin. When this occurs, pre-registered students may elect to transfer their fees to another course or receive a full refund. The College of Extended and Global Education makes every effort to notify students by telephone of cancelled courses in advance of the first session.
- *Please note some courses are non-refundable, regardless of drop date. Please see specific program refund deadlines.
*Refund amounts are based on the date an official withdrawal form is submitted to the College of Extended and Global Education (CEGE) Office.
*A delay in submitting required forms may result in a reduced refund.
*Not attending a class, notifying the instructor, stopping payment on a check/credit card, or failure to redeem a check that was returned for non-sufficient funds, does not constitute officially dropping the course, or release you from the financial obligation to pay the course fees. Dropping the course does not dismiss the financial obligation to pay the course fees.