Refund checks are mailed approximately 2-4 weeks after the withdrawal request is received by the College of Extended and Global Education. Refunds for credit card payments are credited back to the original card number.
In order to receive a full refund of tuition fees paid, a student must notify the College of Extended and Global Education in writing to cancel registration and drop all courses prior to the first day of classes. Please note, however, that some courses are non-refundable, regardless of drop date. Please see specific program and/or course refund deadlines.
Students will also receive a refund of tuition fees, under the following circumstances:
- The tuition and other program or course fees were assessed or collected in error; or
- The course or program for which the tuition or program or course fees were assessed or collected was cancelled; or
- The student was activated for compulsory military service.
Students withdrawing after the first day of the course will receive a pro-rated refund in accordance with the specific course or program refund policy and established deadlines.
No student withdrawing after the program specific deadlines will be entitled to a refund of any course or program tuition fees.
Students who are not entitled to a refund as described above may petition for a refund demonstrating exceptional circumstances.
Appeal form along with appropriate documentation must be sent to: Refund Appeals; CSUSB, College of Extended and Global Education; CGI 301; 5500 University Parkway; San Bernardino, CA 92407; or by email at email@example.com
- Drop date deadlines and refund polices vary by program. Please see specific program refund deadlines.
- It is each student's responsibility to formally withdraw from classes and meet the conditions described above to receive a refund.
- Some courses are non-refundable, regardless of drop date.
- Application Fees, Late Registration Fees, Coyote One Card Fee and Administrative Fees are not refundable.
- A refund processing fee of $25.00 plus any outstanding fees or charges may be deducted from the refund. Courses that cost $75 or less will incur a $10 processing fee.
- Not attending a class, notifying the instructor, stopping payment on a check/credit card, or failure to redeem a check that was returned for non-sufficient funds, does not constitute officially dropping the course, or release you from the financial obligation to pay the course fees.
Please see specific program refund deadlines.
Academic Credit Degree Programs, Certificate and Courses (Special Session)
Career based online courses for extension credit
Please choose courses carefully, once provided password and access to the course refunds or fee transfers are no longer possible.
International Extension Programs