Welcome to the California State University, San Bernardino office of Faculty Affairs and Development. As a division of Academic Affairs, we provide support to the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs, Deans, Department Chairs and faculty on faculty matters. Our office provides leadership and oversight of academic policy and procedures in a manner that supports the overall academic goals, mission and strategic plan of the university.
The Office of Faculty Affairs and Development
- Oversees the recruitment, appointment, advancement, and retention of a diverse faculty and academic appointees.
- Provides administrative support and guidance for all Faculty, Coaches, Librarians, SSPAR's (R03) as well as all Academic Student Employees including Teaching Associates, Graduate Assistants, and Instructional Student Assistants (R11).
- Guides and monitors the search for and hiring of academic faculty and compliance with federal and state laws, rules and regulations regarding recruitment/employment.
- Provides compliance and interpretation regarding the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and the Faculty Administrative Manual (FAM).
- Manages academic labor matters including grievances and complaints.
- Facilitates the education and training of University faculty on how to work effectively in a diverse environment.
- Executes administrative processing for hires/rehires, promotions, salary adjustments, faculty leaves, Faculty Early Retirement Program (FERP), resignations, etc.
Our goal is to provide you with excellent service and the necessary support and guidance for faculty related affairs. We hope you will find the needed tools and resources on this website to help you succeed here at CSUSB.
Faculty Affairs and Development Quick Links
Unit 3 Faculty
Memo: SOTEs and Fall 2021 - April 16 2021
Memo: Update on Fall 2020 SOTEs RPT and Grading
Memo: Electronic Signatures for RPT Committees
Memo: SOTEs, Suspension of Lecturer Reviews and FAR Submission Extension
Unit 11 Academic Student Employees
Memo: ISA, TA, and GA Employees’ (Unit 11) Training Courses for Timesheet Submission using Adobe Sign
Memo: ISA, TA, and GA Employees' (Unit 11) Electronic Timesheet Submission
Memo: ISA, TA, and GA Employees' (Unit 11) Spring 2020 Telecommuting and Instructional Continuity Plan