We are pleased to announce that the California State University has granted use of temporary paid administrative leave up to 128 hours effective March 23 through December 31, 2020 for CSU (state) employees who are unable to work due to COVID-19. This form is for both Unit 3 Faculty and Unit 11 Academic Student Employees.
Unit 3 Faculty
Unit 11 Academic Student Employees
Welcome to the California State University, San Bernardino office of Faculty Affairs and Development. As a division of Academic Affairs, we provide support to the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs, Deans, Department Chairs and faculty on faculty matters. Our office provides leadership and oversight of academic policy and procedures in a manner that supports the overall academic goals, mission and strategic plan of the university.
The Office of Faculty Affairs and Development
- Oversees the recruitment, appointment, advancement, and retention of a diverse faculty and academic appointees.
- Provides administrative support and guidance for all Faculty, Coaches, Librarians, SSPAR's (R03) as well as all Academic Student Employees including Teaching Associates, Graduate Assistants, and Instructional Student Assistants (R11).
- Guides and monitors the search for and hiring of academic faculty and compliance with federal and state laws, rules and regulations regarding recruitment/employment.
- Provides compliance and interpretation regarding the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and the Faculty Administrative Manual (FAM).
- Manages academic labor matters including grievances and complaints.
- Facilitates the education and training of University faculty on how to work effectively in a diverse environment.
- Executes administrative processing for hires/rehires, promotions, salary adjustments, faculty leaves, Faculty Early Retirement Program (FERP), resignations, etc.
Our goal is to provide you with excellent service and the necessary support and guidance for faculty related affairs. We hope you will find the needed tools and resources on this website to help you succeed here at CSUSB.