Welcome to the California State University, San Bernardino office of Faculty Affairs and Development. As a division of Academic Affairs, we provide support to the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs, Deans, Department Chairs and faculty on faculty matters. Our office provides leadership and oversight of academic policy and procedures in a manner that supports the overall academic goals, mission and strategic plan of the university.
The Office of Faculty Affairs and Development
- Oversees the recruitment, appointment, advancement, and retention of a diverse faculty and academic appointees.
- Provides administrative support and guidance for all Faculty, Coaches, Librarians, SSPAR's (R03) as well as all Academic Student Employees including Teaching Associates, Graduate Assistants, and Instructional Student Assistants (R11).
- Guides and monitors the search for and hiring of academic faculty and compliance with federal and state laws, rules and regulations regarding recruitment/employment.
- Provides compliance and interpretation regarding the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and the Faculty Administrative Manual (FAM).
- Manages academic labor matters including grievances and complaints.
- Facilitates the education and training of University faculty on how to work effectively in a diverse environment.
- Executes administrative processing for hires/rehires, promotions, salary adjustments, faculty leaves, Faculty Early Retirement Program (FERP), resignations, etc.
Our goal is to provide you with excellent service and the necessary support and guidance for faculty related affairs. We hope you will find the needed tools and resources on this website to help you succeed here at CSUSB.
California State University, San Bernardino is excited to partner with Academic Impressions [academicimpressions.com] to bring higher education-specific professional and leadership development to our institution. As members, faculty, staff, and students can access a wide range of online professional development opportunities in areas such as Faculty Success, DEI and Inclusive Leadership, Academic Innovation, Leadership, Supervision, and Student Success. To explore hundreds of learning opportunities at no cost, log in using your CSUSB email address and password.
We have some great upcoming trainings that are faculty focused to share.
- Faculty Mentorship: Incorporating Inclusive Practices to Foster Faculty Success Virtual Conference, Dec 12-13
- Aligning Your Work with Your Goals as Career Faculty
- Celebrating Success as First-Generation Faculty: A Time for Discussion
- Reimagining the Faculty Mid-Career Stage: Reenergize Your Research and Find New Pathways