Welcome to the Department of English Advising Resource Site.
Below are resources and materials students will find useful for our undergraduate programs.
- Quarter to Semester (Q2S) video
- Quarter to Semester (Q2S) fact sheet
- Worksheets for the Semester System English Major
- Road Maps for the Major
- Department Guidelines for Admission to the Self-Directed Study Concentration
- Descriptions of variable topics courses
- Career Paths in English (PDF)
- University Bulletin (Course Catalog)
- Academic Scheduling: searchable class listing
- Directed Self Placement (DSP) for First-Year Composition Courses
- Planning to Teach? (ETPP: English Teacher Preparation Program)
- English Major Factsheet
Help with advising
If you have questions about advising, please contact the English Department Office at (909) 537-524. The English Department Office is located in University Hall 334.
English Department Faculty Advisors are listed below:
Thomas Girshin. Thomas.Girshin@csusb.edu Mondays: 10-11am (UH 301.21). Tuesday: 10-11am viz Zoom (email instructor for link)
Erin Hall. Erin.Hall@csusb.edu Tuesday/Thursday 2:30-3:45pm (and by appointment). Available both in person and on Zoom.
Jasmine Lee. Jasmine.Lee@csusb.edu Mondays: 4:00-5:00pm, on Zoom.
Yumi Pak. YPak@csusb.edu Tuesdays 2:30 - 3:30pm, on Zoom. (Student should email 24 hours in advance for an appointment).
Vanessa Ovalle Perez. Vanessa.email@example.com Tuesdays: 2:30-4pm, via phone, text, or Zoom.
Karen Rowan. firstname.lastname@example.org Tuesday/Thursday: 3:30-5:00pm, on Zoom. Students can make an appointment here
Kate Simonian. Kate.email@example.com Monday/Wednesday 10:30am-12:00pm, in person.
Bobby Smith. firstname.lastname@example.org Tuesday: 4:00pm-5:15pm, Thursdays: 4:00pm-5:00pm, and by appointment. Zoom or in-person.
Students wanting to meet with a faculty advisor should email the advisor in question for an appointment. At that point, said advisor will let them know their options (Zoom, text, phone call, etc.) and how to proceed.