Welcome to the Department of English Advising Resource Site.
Below are resources and materials students will find useful for our undergraduate programs.
- Quarter to Semester (Q2S) video
- Quarter to Semester (Q2S) fact sheet
- Worksheets for the Semester System English Major
- Road Maps for the Major
- Department Guidelines for Admission to the Self-Directed Study Concentration
- Descriptions of variable topics courses
- Career Paths in English (PDF)
- University Bulletin (Course Catalog)
- Academic Scheduling: searchable class listing
- Directed Self Placement (DSP) for First-Year Composition Courses
- Planning to Teach? (ETPP: English Teacher Preparation Program)
- English Major Factsheet
Help with advising
If you have questions about advising, please contact the English Department Office at (909) 537-524. The English Department Office is located in University Hall 334.
English Department Faculty Advisors hours contact information and hours for Fall 2020 are as follows:
San Bernardino Campus
Dr. Sunny Hyon (email@example.com) -- Wednesdays 2:00 - 3:30
Dr. Jasmine Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org) -- Mondays 4:00 - 5:30
Dr. Vanessa Ovalle Perez (email@example.com) -- Tuesdays 10:30 - 11:30 + Thursdays 12:30 - 1:00
Dr. Yumi Pak (firstname.lastname@example.org) -- Fridays 1:00 - 2:30
Students wanting to meet with a faculty advisor should email the advisor in question for an appointment. At that point, said advisor will let them know their options (Zoom, text, phone call, etc.) and how to proceed.
In addition to English faculty advisors, contacts for College of Arts and Letters Professional Advisors can be found here: https://www.csusb.edu/advising/services/who-my-advisor