The English Department offers the following certificates:
- Certificate in Creative Writing (18 units)
- Certificate in Writing: Public and Professional Writing (18 units)
- TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) Certificate (18 units)
- Certificate in Teaching Writing (18 units)
- Speech-Language Pathology Master’s Preparatory Certificate (36 units)
Certificates may be earned either by students pursuing a degree at CSUSB or by non-matriculated students taking courses through the extended learning program sponsored by the College of Global and Extended Education.
Certificate programs are designed to:
a) impart specified professional/vocational/career competencies; or
b) produce mastery of the content of a sub-field of an academic major (discipline); or
c) provide exposure to the range of materials in a traditional or emerging interdisciplinary field.