Return of the Pack Stay Informed
Main Content Region

Child Development Permit Information

Majoring in Child Development affords graduates the opportunity to apply for a Child Development Permit. Child Development Permits are the certificates that allow professionals to work in early education settings and are issued by the California Commission on Teaching Credentialing. Students who complete the Early Childhood Development concentration qualify for a Site Supervisor Permit. Students who complete the Child and Adolescent Development concentration (and who completed their Internship course in a school age setting) qualify for a Site Supervisor Permit with a School Age Emphasis. Students who complete the Master’s in Child Development program qualify for a Program Director Permit. For more information see the Child Development Permit Matrices provided or go to Child Development Permits (CL-797).