Main Content Region

Child Development Permit

Students completing the BA (with a concentration in Early Childhood Development) or MA in Child Development are eligible to apply for a Child Development Permit from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.  Child Development Permits authorize holders to teach and/or direct early care programs. 

Students who earn the BA qualify for the Site Supervisor Permit (see below). Students who earn the MA qualify for the Program Director Permit (see below).

Students in progress with their degrees may use a combination of coursework and work experience to qualify for lower-level permits. In addition to a variety of CD courses that meet the qualifications for general CD/ECE units, the Department of Child Development offers the following courses that meet CTC qualifications:

Core Courses:

     Child/Human Growth and Development - CD 2240, 2250, or 2260

     Child/Family/Community or Child and Family Relations - CD 2215 or 3303

     Programs/Curriculum - CD 2252 or 2262

Supervised Field Experience: CD 2281, 2291, 2282, 2292, or 5575

Child Development Permit Matrix

Information about How to apply and applications are available here