CSUSB encourages students to participate in meaningful internships in the community that are directly related to their course of study. While these student placements come with associated risks, campus departments can help ensure students enjoy safe and rewarding off-campus learning experiences by following certain risk management procedures.
An effective internship plan is designed to enhance the student’s fieldwork experience and provide best practices that minimize risk and liability. To achieve such a plan, departments should:
- Ensure that faculty and students understand their roles and responsibilities
- Select and contract with the best fieldwork sites available
- Understand and apply risk reduction techniques.
Credit bearing internships taking place at approved sites allow for Student Professional Liability Insurance to be included in the package.
- Managing Risk in Internships
- Internship Forms
- Internship Agreements (templates provided from the office of Procurement and Contracts)
- Student Professional Liability Insurance