Outlines minimum requirements for general liability, business automobile liability, Worker’s Compensation, and professional liability insurance.
Vendor/Contractor shall maintain, or cause to be maintained, for not less than the duration of the contract between Vendor/Contractor and University, at least the following types and amounts of insurance for claims which may arise from or in connection with services or products provided.
- General Liability: comprehensive or commercial form minimum limits each Occurrence $2,000,000, General Aggregate $4,000,000
- Business Automobile Liability: minimum limits or Owned, Scheduled, Non-Owned, or Hire Automobiles with a combine single limit of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence.
- Worker’s Compensation: evidence of coverage as required under California Law
- Professional Liability: evidence of coverage when applicable.
Once our office has received and verified that the requirements have been met per the certificate of insurance a purchase order shall be issued. The vendor/contractor agrees that no work or services shall be performed prior to the issuance of the purchase order.
Insurance shall be placed with insurers with a current A.M. Best’s rating of no less than A:VII.
CSU, San Bernardino
Att: Risk Management
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407
The general liability and automobile liability policies are to include additional insured endorsements that contain the following provisions:
- The State of California; the Trustees of the California State University; California State University, San Bernardino; and their officers, agents, volunteers and employees are to be included as additional insured with respect to liability arising out of automobiles owned, leased, hired or borrowed by or on behalf of the vendor/contractor; and with respect to liability arising out of work or operations performed by or on behalf of the Vendor/contractor including materials, parts or equipment furnished in connection with such work or operations, General liability coverage is to be provided in an endorsement to the vendor/contractor's insurance, or as a separate owner's policy.
- For any claims related to any project, the vendor/contractor's insurance coverage shall be primary insurance as respects the Campus, its trustees, officers, employees, representatives and volunteers. Any insurance or self-insurance maintained by the Campus, its trustees, officers, employees, or volunteers shall be excess of the vendor/contractor's insurance and shall not contribute with it.
- Each insurance policy required by this clause shall be endorsed to state that coverage shall not be cancelled by either party, except after thirty (30) days prior written notice by certified mail, return receipt requested, has been given to the Campus.
- All rights of subrogation under the insurance policies have been waived against the Campus.
If you have any questions, please contact Jody Van Leuven at (909) 537-4552 or email email@example.com.