Roommate Groups for Apartment Communities
2021-2022 uses the roommate search function, and the roommate groups feature will be disabled until 2022-2023.
During the 2020-2021 application process, you are encouraged to create a Roommate Group if interested in living with a specific individual in an apartment community. You can create or join a Roommate Group at any point, but it is advised to do so before apartment assignments are offered. Only those who accept invitations become group members.
To create a Roommate Group
- Click “Create Group” on the Roommate Group page on the housing application
- Enter a unique Group Name and Password, select “Create Group” button
- The roommate group has been created and you are the Group Leader; the Group Leader manages the group
- Give your Group Name and Password to the person you wish to join your apartment-mate group. Note: A roommate group has a maximum size of 4 members, but during the 2020-2021 academic year only two are assigned as each resident will have their own bedroom and their own bathroom
- When you invite others to the roommate group, you will see a list of pending requests
- “Pending Outgoing Requests” are those people you or a group member have invited to be part of your roommate group and are awaiting their decision to accept or decline
- “Pending Incoming Requests” are invitations from others to be part of their group and are awaiting your decision to accept or decline
- Those who accept invitations are displayed as group members
- Those who decline will not become a group member and will be removed from Pending Incoming/Outgoing Requests
To join a Roommate Group
- On the Roommate Group page on the housing application, click “Join Group” if you have the specific Group Name and Password from the Group Leader
- If you only know the Group Name, click “Search For Roommate Group” to find the group and request to be added to the group. The Group Leader would need to accept your request for you to be added to the group
To leave a Roommate Group
- If you no longer want to be part of a group, you will need to first remove yourself from your current group.
- If you are a Group Leader and want to leave the group, make sure to transfer Leadership to another group member before you leave the group.
- While a member a group, you will not be able to be invited to other groups. To be added to a different group, first remove yourself from your current group.