Questions about receiving food assistance? We’re here to help!
- The Obershaw DEN serves to assist CSUSB students who face food insecurity or scarcity.
- The Obershaw DEN is only available to currently enrolled CSUSB students, including undergraduate, credential, graduate, and doctoral students.
- To be eligible to utilize the services, students must be currently enrolled at CSUSB (proof of enrollment must be presented at first visit and each following quarter). Please make sure to bring your CoyoteOne Card to each visit to The Obershaw DEN – confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Our items come from Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino, Helping Hands Food Pantry, through departments and student club and organization food drives, as well as in-kind donations.
- The Obershaw DEN can also help with referrals to on- and off-campus resources.
- The Obershaw DEN and its services must not be abused; if so, privileges may be revoked and not re-granted.
Spring 2024 Hours
Obershaw DEN: Located in Student Union South, 224
Monday & Tuesday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday & Thursday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Diaper Assistance Program
Are you a CSUSB community member with a dependent, and interested in receiving Diaper Assistance?
The Department of Basic Needs and Student Support partners with The Junior League of Riverside to provide members of the CSUSB community with free diapers.
- Participants may only pick up allotments for their own children(dependents). If they are picking up diapers for dependents that are not their own please refer the dependent's guardian to register online with The Junior League of Riverside to receive diapers. To register they may go to www.DiaperBankIE.org.
- This program is open to CSUSB community members up till the dependents 4th birthday.
- The Diaper Bank does not carry 6 or 6T in the 25 pack bundles.
- If a participant fails to pick up their allotment, it will result in their removal of the program.
- You can begin receive diaper assistance one (1) month prior to the anticipated due date of the dependent.
When your allotment is available to be picked up you will receive a notification via email or text. Allotments can be picked up in the Obershaw DEN, located in SMSU South Room 224 or the Health Science Building Room 118 located on the Palm Desert Campus depending on the campus that you attend and select on the registration form.