The CSU Basic Needs Initiative supports students' well-being and basic needs by providing access to:
- Immediate food assistance
- Financial assistance
- Short term emergency housing
- Connecting students with additional resources and support on campus and in your community
Help When It Matters Most
To help our students in need, CSUSB has implemented a number of Coyote Basic Needs resources. The Obershaw DEN, the PDC DEN, emergency housing, and the emergency grant program provide assistance to students when it is needed most. Schedule an appointment today to meet with Natalie Cleary, Basic Needs Coordinator to discuss your situation.
Fall 2023 Hours & Locations:
Obershaw DEN: Student Union South 224
- Monday & Tuesday: 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday & Thursday: 9:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.
PDC DEN: Located in Health Science Building 118
- Monday - Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: Closed
For the latest information on hours and service follow us on Instagram @CSUSBbasicneeds and for the Palm Desert Campus @CSUSBbasicneeds_PDC.
Our mission is to empower students to reach their health, wellness and academic goals by connecting them to the resources they need to ensure their success.