Become a Member of ALFSS
We invite you to become a member of ALFSS to join us in supporting the diverse community of CSUSB.
Annual membership dues are $20 for employees and $5 for students. Dues are payable by check, cash or by payroll deduction for full-time employees. If choosing monthly payroll deduction, please complete a payroll deduction form and submit along with your membership application.
Visit the Pay Dues page for more details on the payroll deduction option.
Membership fees are directed to the operating fund of the association to support events and programs sponsored by ALFSS. Any contribution made above $20 will be directed to the scholarship fund as a tax-deductible donation.
There are three categories of membership:
Regular – Employee: A Regular member is an employee (faculty, staff or administrator) of CSUSB who has completed, signed and submitted the necessary application form and paid the $20 annual non-refundable membership fee, by cash, personal check [payable to ALFSS] or through payroll deduction.
The membership fee will be used to maintain an operating fund. Any amount collected above $20 will automatically be placed in the ALFSS’ scholarship fund. For those employees using payroll deduction, the $20 membership fee will be applied during the month of December.
Regular – Student: A Regular Student membership is exclusively for CSUSB currently enrolled students who have completed, signed and submitted the necessary application form and paid $5 annual non-refundable membership fee by cash or personal check. There is no payroll deduction option for student-member dues. Note: Employees who are currently enrolled students that receive the employee fee waiver benefit are not eligible for the ‘student’ category.
Supporting: A Supporting Member is an individual who is not a CSUSB employee or student, is a retiree of CSUSB, may be an organization or community member who makes a contribution, monetary or otherwise, to the ALFSS scholarship fund through sponsorship, time or service. This category is not necessarily a dues-paying member.
Benefits fo Membership
- Automatically placed on the ALFSS Listserve to receive important announcements of upcoming meetings, events and opportunities both for sponsoring and guiding our youth, and to explore professional development.
- Receive discounts to designated ALFSS events.
- Serve as an ALFSS represenative at important community events such as the Inland Empire Scholarship Fund Benefit, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Gala and Cesar Chavez Memoria Breakfast, etc.
- Receive important announcements nd network opportunities regarding our off-campus partners, such as Kiwanis of Greater San Bernardino, HispanicConnect, USDA Hispanic Serving Institution Liaison, Latino Scholastic Achievement Corporation, etc.
- Support the Latino Graduate Recognition Ceremony & scholarship awards events
For questions about a membership with ALFSS, please contact the Director of Membership: Aurora Vilchis at firstname.lastname@example.org