The Association of Latino Faculty, Staff and Students at California State University, San Bernardino was established on May 1, 1985. Since then, more than $130,000 has been awarded to new, incoming freshmen, transfer students and continuing CSUSB students. ALFSS goals are to:
- Encourage the involvement of students, staff, faculty and administrators of the university community in issues pertinent to Latinos.
- Promote the participation of Latino youth in higher education through the scholarship fund.
- Award scholarships annually to new and continuing students who attend CSUSB.
- Promote public interest in, and the understanding of, the rich and varied Latino cultures.
- Disseminate information about CSUSB to the general public, and the Latino community in particular.
- Further the personal and professional advancement of Latino faculty, staff and students.