Join The Association Today!
The Association of Latino Faculty, Staff, and Students (ALFSS) at California State University, San Bernardino (CSUSB) was established on May 1, 1985.
According to its By-laws, in Article I Section 2: the purpose of the Association shall be to promote the following goals and objectives:
1. To encourage the involvement of students, staff, faculty and administrators in the university community in issues and/ or discussions pertinent to Latinos.
2. To promote the participation of Latino youth in higher education by awarding annual scholarships through the established ALFSS Scholarship fund.
3. To further the personal and professional advancement of Latino students, staff, faculty and administrators at CSUSB via lectures, workshops and other activities.
4. To disseminate information about the university to the community in general and to the Latino community in particular.
5. To promote the public interest in, and understanding of, the rich and varied Latino culture(s).
6. To plan and execute, among other events, the following signature events:
a. Latino Graduate Recognition Ceremony
b. Dia da los Muertos
c. Hispanic Heritage Fundraiser
Anyone who supports the goals and objectives of the Association is eligible to become a member as defined in Article I Section 2 of the ALFSS Bylaws.
There are two categories of members in the association: Regular members and Student Member. Membership is valid for one year for the fiscal year in which dues are paid. The fiscal year is from July 1 to June 30.
- Regular Member: A regular member includes current university or auxiliary employees, faculty, alumni, retirees, and community partners, who have completed the membership application, and paid the applicable annual non-refundable membership dues. All membership applications shall be approved by the Director of Membership pending dues payment confirmation by the Treasurer.
- Student Member: A student member is a current CSUSB matriculated student, who has completed the membership application, and paid the applicable annual non-refundable membership dues. All membership applications shall be approved by the Director of Membership pending dues payment confirmation by the Treasurer.
Benefits of Membership
Become a part of this active organization; your voice and participation are important in building and transforming the Latino community within and outside of CSUSB. In addition to addressing current and future concerns involving the Latino community at CSUSB, ALFSS membership also offers the following:
- Receive voting rights in the Association's general election, amendments to the by-laws, and any special elections.
- Automatic enrollment in the ALFSS listserv.
- Network with faculty, staff, and students with shared experiences to your own.
- Discounts to designated ALFSS events.
- Serve as an ALFSS representative at important community events.
- Receive important announcements and network opportunities regarding our off-campus partners.