What is WRP?
The Workforce Recruitment Program for College Students with Disabilities (WRP) is a recruitment and referral program that connects Federal Government and select private-sector employers nationwide with highly motivated postsecondary students and recent graduates with disabilities who are eager to demonstrate their abilities in the workplace through paid summer or permanent jobs.
Participating in the WRP is an excellent way to:
- Find an internship or permanent position
- Explore careers in the federal service
- Gain interviewing experience
To apply for WRP, you must:
- have a disability AND
- be a U.S. citizen AND
- be enrolled in a U.S. Department of Education accredited institution of higher education on a substantially full-time basis (unless your disability precludes you from taking a substantially full-time load or it is your last term before graduating) to seek a degree OR
- have graduated from such an institution within the past two years (April 1, 2020 or later).
The WRP is run on an annual basis and requires student applicants to have a phone or video conference interview with one of our recruiters. The interviews take place during October-November each year. The WRP is coordinated on college campuses by Disability Services or Career Services offices. This past year, over 300 colleges and universities participate in the program and additional colleges and universities are added each year.
If you are an eligible student, share this information with your school's disability services or career services coordinator, and ask him or her to contact the WRP Program Managers at email@example.com. Please understand that we work directly with college coordinators. If your college or university does not participate in the WRP, you may be able to register for the program with another participating college or university in your area.
- August 22, 2022 – Student registration opens
- October 13, 2022 – Student registration closes
- October 16, 2022 – Student application deadline
- October 24 - November 16, 2022– Informational interview period
- December 2022 – Student applications are available to federal employers for one year
For more information regarding this program, visit https://wrp.gov.
The WRP is managed by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) and the U.S. Department of Defense’s Diversity Management Operations Center (DMOC), with support from other federal agencies.