The Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) is a powerful resource for employment, “Administering the largest vocational rehabilitation and independent living programs in the country” (dor.ca.gov).
In partnership with Workability IV, DOR’s goal is to establish equal opportunity for clients with disabilities by providing services designed to help those seeking employment and postsecondary counseling.
DOR provides specialized services that include:
- Paying for college tuition, books, supplies, and parking permits
- Career assessments and counseling
- Career education and training
- Assistive technology when required
- Independent living services
- Peer support
- Skill development
- System advocacy
- Transition services
- Housing assistance
- Personal assistance services