Types of Leave
- Family Care and Medical Leave
Employees who have been employed at least 12 months, and have worked at least 1250 hours during the 12 month period immediately preceding the leave will be eligible to apply for Family Care and Medical Leave of Absence.
- Pregnancy Disability Leave
UEC will provide unpaid Pregnancy Disability Leave (PDL) to all female employees disabled due to pregnancy, childbirth or a related medical condition, including prenatal care in accordance with the California Fair Employment and Housing Department.
- Personal Leave
Employees who have been employed at least 12 months may request an unpaid personal leave of absence for a maximum of thirty (30) days.
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty
- Military Leaves
For more information and eligibility requirements, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589.
Procedure for requesting Leave of Absence:
- Obtain a Request for Leave of Absence form, available on-line or at UEC Human Resources .
- Complete all required information, including type of leave and attach any applicable documentation. For detailed information or help completing the form, please contact UEC Human Resources. Sign the form and have your supervisor sign it.
- The completed and signed form should be submitted to UEC Human Resources, 30 days prior to the start date of the leave, for review and final approval.
- If leave of absence is approved, the employee will receive a copy of the approved leave. If leave is not approved, the employee will be notified.
- Employees, who do not return to work from their approved Leave of Absence as scheduled, will be considered to have voluntarily resigned from UEC.