MS in Business Data Analytics Admission Requirements
Suitability for admission to the program will be based on an examination of the entire application package. In addition to the general requirements of the university, specific requirements for admission are:
Bachelor's Degree: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, with a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above using the entire degree or the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units of course work, which may include post baccalaureate work. Students with significant GMAT/GRE scores and/or professional experience may be permitted to join with GPA less than 3.0 at the discretion of the program director.
Transcripts: Submission of transcripts from all institutions attended to CSUSB Office of Graduate Studies. CSUSB students are not required to submit their CSUSB transcripts as they are pulled from the undergraduate record. Applicants may include UNOFFICIAL transcripts in order to submit the application. OFFICIAL transcripts are due before the end of the first semester. If a transcript is not in English, the student must also send a certified literal English translation of the transcript along with the official original-language transcript with proof of degree. Send transcripts to:
CSUSB Graduate Admissions Office
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407
Personal Statement: Academic motivation and personal qualifications demonstrated through submission of a 200- to 250-word statement of reasons for wishing to pursue the Master of Science in Business Data Analytics at California State University, San Bernardino.
Resume: Submission of a current resume. Ensure this document includes the months each position began and ended.
Letters of Recommendation: Two letters of recommendation are required. Applicants can submit either two official letters of recommendation on letterhead or the Letter of Recommendation Form fournd inside the Cal State Apply application platform.
Business Aptitude Requirement: Applicants for Master of Science in Business Data Analytics must meet ONE of the following Business Aptitude requirements:
- Minimum two years of post-undergraduate professional and/or managerial experience or industry-relevant certifications.
- Proof of completion of an accredited graduate degree (e.g., J.D., Ph.D., M.D.) from an accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the graduate program.
- Submission of an acceptable score on the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE). The current acceptable exam scores with a 3.0 GPA:
- GMAT score of 470 (minimum 10% on GMAT Verbal Ability and Quantitative Ability percentile rankings) or a minimum GRE score of 298 (minimum 10% on GRE Verbal Ability and Quantitative Ability percentile rankings).
- Based on student’s qualifications, GRE & GMAT may be waived. Petition should be submitted to the Program Director
English Proficiency for International Students: An applicant whose education has been in a language other than English must submit proof of English proficiency. This requirement can be satisfied in a number of ways:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language TOEFL (iBT 79/80 or PBT 550) taken within the past two years
- IELTS exam score of 6.5 taken within the past two years, or
- Complete level 4 of CSUSB's Intensive English Program (IEP) or
- Another exam method found on the Center for International Studies & Programs website.
To apply to the MSBDA program, use this link to navigate to Cal State Apply. Select Graduate, the year and term you wish to start, and search for "San Bernardino Extension" in the search bar. Click on the MS in Business and Data Analytics title to start an application.