Main Content Region

Financing Your Education

Financial Resources

There are several financial aid opportunities available to students. Please carefully read the information below.

CSUSB School Code: 001142

Federal Financial Aid

If you’re a CSUSB student enrolled in a degree program, you may qualify for federal financial aid. For a list of financial aid opportunities based on degree program, see the Financial Aid Fact Sheet.

Private Student Loans/Alternative Loans

College of Extended and Global Education (CEGE) certificate programs and courses are eligible for private loans. The choice of a lender and guarantor is a decision and responsibility only you may make as the borrower. CEGE does not endorse or have an affiliation with any lender. Please contact your financial institution for further information about their private student loan program.

CEGE Private Student Loan Guidelines

Arrangements for any student private loan must be made prior to registration for CEGE courses or certificates. Full payment of class fee is due at the time of registration. Loan certification is not a guarantee, and terms and conditions must be accepted by CEGE


  • Apply for a private loan with a lender of your choice, or apply here.
  • Students: You must notify CEGE of your approved private loan. Please call the CEGE office at (909) 537-5976.
  • CEGE will certify your loan with the lender. Please note that CEGE is only able to certify the loan relating to the total estimated cost of the tuition.
  • You will be allowed to enroll in your classes after the first three steps above are completed.
  • Lender will disburse the funds to the school and the school will post the funds to your account.
  • Any overpayment from the loan will be disbursed to you by check. Any unpaid balance after the loan funds are disbursed will be due immediately, to be paid by you.

Company Tuition Reimbursement

Many companies and organizations have tuition reimbursement programs available to their employees. Check with your human resources department for requirements, qualifications and processes. A financial guarantee from your employer will need to be provided to our office before the start of each quarter.

Military, Spouse and Dependent Benefits

For information on VA education benefits call 1-888-GIBILL1 or visit the website at U.S Department of Veterans Affairs.

Workforce Investment Board

The office of Professional and Continuing Education strives to remain up-to-date on all legislation, agencies and programs related to workforce development, such as the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and the Transitions Assistance program (TAP). In doing so, we can create partnerships that will benefit the community with access to training and certificate programs. Please consult with your funding source to see if the course you are interested in is on their list of approved courses.

Local Lending Institutions

Local banks and credit unions offer private educational loan programs for degrees and continuing education. Check with your local preferred lending institution to see what programs are available to you.