Welcome to California State University, San Bernardino! We are excited that you have selected CSUSB to continue with your undergraduate education. The Orientation program is a mandatory program that provides you with key resources to help with your transition into the CSUSB community and your journey towards your academic goals. Recognizing that the information provided to first-year freshmen students differs from transfer students, we have designed your specific orientation session to address the most critical of information for your transition and success at CSUSB.
Transfer Orientation 2022
Transfer Orientation will consist of:
- Pre-Orientation: an online program for you to start getting connected to CSUSB resources, services, and opportunities; available to you 24-48 hours after registering for your orientation date.
- Orientation: an on-campus experience which will include academic advising, opportunities to learn more about campus, and information about course registration; and
- Connections: enhanced fall social programming to connect you to campus.
Deadline to register for any session is July 15 or your admissions will be cancelled.
In the meantime, explore the university website and prepare to become a part of the Coyote community.
There are a few steps you must complete before you register and attend Orientation:
Accept Your Offer of Admission
All students must accept their offer of admission and pay their Enrollment Confirmation Deposit BEFORE May 1. Accepting your admission and paying your deposit are two separate processes; both need to be completed in order to fully accept your Admissions. Visit our How To Guide for step-by-step directions.
Please note that the Enrollment Confirmation Deposit is separate from any Orientation fees. The non-refundable, non-transferable deposit declares your intent to attend CSUSB and can be paid through your myCoyote account. Once you pay your confirmation deposit, please allow 24-48 hours before you register for an Orientation session. For more information, visit Admissions and Student Recruitment.
Emergency Contact Information
You are required to complete the Emergency Contact information on your myCoyote Self Service Student Center Portal before registering for Orientation. This information will only be used in case of an emergency and someone needs to be contacted on your behalf. Be sure to keep this information updated with CSUSB.
Submit Your FINAL Transcripts
Final transcripts are due to Admissions and Student Recruitment by July 15. Failure to submit final transcripts by the July 15 deadline will result in your offer for admission being cancelled and you will not be able to attend CSUSB.
In order to be considered fully admitted to CSUSB, you must submit official transcripts to demonstrate that your final grades and coursework continue to reflect your eligibility to the university, and that you are eligible for transfer. Applicants will be considered fully admitted when an admissions officer verifies that the student has completed all coursework in progress at a satisfactory level.
All official transcripts may be mailed to:
CSUSB Admissions & Student Recruitment
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407
You may deliver sealed official transcripts to the CSUSB Office of Admissions & Student Recruitment in University Hall, Room 107.
NOTE: To better optimize your advising experience during orientation, you must submit your official transcripts as soon as possible – even if you are currently enrolled in courses at another college or university.
Review Orientation Cost / Fees and Waiver of Liability
Students who register to participate in the Orientation program agree to the cost of the program, any fees that might be charged, and a waiver of liability. It is important that you read these policies prior to registering for Orientation.
Make sure you complete all your Next Steps, in conjunction with registering for Orientation!
- Deadline to register for any session is July 15 or your admissions will be cancelled.
- Due to limited space, it is advised that you register for the first available session.
- You will not be able to register for orientation once a session date has closed.
Please make sure you do not have any outside conflicts (such as work, classes, etc.) with your scheduled Orientation date. Expect to be on campus for a full day; your attendance is required in full in order to have your Orientation hold removed.
Information regarding your Orientation session will be sent to your CSUSB email account.
|Monday, July 11||7:30 AM - 5:00 PM||Tuesday, July 5||FULL|
|2||Tuesday, July 12||7:30 AM - 5:00 PM||Tuesday, July 5||FULL|
|3||Thursday, July 14||7:30 AM - 5:00 PM||Thursday, July 7||FULL|
|4||Saturday, July 16||7:30 AM - 5:00 PM||Friday, July 8||FULL|
|5||Monday, July 18||
7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
|Monday, July 11||FULL|
|6||Wednesday, July 20||7:30 AM - 5:00 PM||Wednesday, July 13||Open|
|7||Thursday, July 21||
7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
|Thursday, July 14||Open|
Website may not reflect current-time statuses on orientation sessions; visit the registration page via your myCoyote portal to view available sessions.
Your Orientation hold is not removed from your account until you participate in the entire First Year Orientation program. You will not be able to register for classes until your Orientation hold is removed. Please check your CSUSB e-mail account for updates. Orientation information will not be sent to your personal email account.
New Student Orientation is a mandatory program for all newly admitted students that provides you with key resources and tools to help with your transition into the CSUSB community and help continue your journey towards academic success.
Orientation will consist of:
- Pre-Orientation: an online program (available 24-48 hours after registering for your Orientation date). This is available on your myCoyote portal, under My Tasks. Please access via Student Log In, not as a Guest. If Student Log In does not allow you access, please allow another 24 hours for system updates! -- This will launch in early May; we will send notification once available!
- Orientation: an on-campus experience which will include academic advising and course registration (attendance required to remove your orientation hold); and
- Connections: enhanced fall social programming to connect you to campus.
Information regarding your Orientation date will be sent to your CSUSB email address ONLY. Please check that email account for final information and updates.
You may begin to register for your Orientation date in March. Registration is online and based on the following:
- You have accepted your offer of admissions.
- You have paid your $100 Enrollment Confirmation Deposit. After paying, please allow 24-48 hours before attempting to register for Orientation.
Keep in Mind
- Space is limited for each orientation date. The earlier you accept your admissions and pay your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit, the more likely you are to obtain the Orientation date of your choice.
- Orientation dates fill up quickly. Dates that were once available may be closed when you revisit them, so have an alternate date in mind.
How to Register
In order to register for an Orientation session, you will need to:
- Know your Coyote (student) ID Number. Each student is given a nine-digit identification number upon submission of their application for admission (ex: 000123456). The number is listed on all of the communication sent to you by Admissions & Student Recruitment. If you cannot locate your Coyote ID, please call Admissions and Student Recruitment at 909.537.5188
- Know your CSUSB e-mail address. Orientation information will be sent to you electronically to your CSUSB Coyote e-mail address.
- Know any scheduling conflicts. Orientation is a full-day program; make sure you plan accordingly to attend the entire day. Your Orientation hold is not removed unless you complete the orientation program in full, and you will not be able to register for courses with this hold.
- Log into myCoyote.
- Select the Orientation Registration link. This will be located under My Tasks, titled Orientation Registration.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to register and choose a date.
Making Changes to Your Orientation Session
If you need to change your Orientation date:
- Send us an email at email@example.com. In the e-mail be sure to include the following:
- First and Last Name
- Student ID Number
- Original Orientation date your are registered for
- New Orientation date you want to switch into
- Contact phone number
- Call Orientation and First Year Experience at 909.537.5233. Please be ready to provide the above information when you call.
NOTE: Changing the date of your Orientation session is subject to availability in another Orientation session. If you change your Orientation date more than once, you will be changed an administrative fee of $25 per change. Please review the Program Costs and Fees page.
If you need to change one of the following:
- Update your contact information (address or phone number): you can update your information on your myCoyote portal.
Change Your Major: If you have paid your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit, you must change your major with the Office of the Registrar, using the following instructions and guidelines.
If you have not yet paid your deposit, contact Admissions and Student Recruitment at 909.537.5188 for more information.
Academic advising is an educational process by which you are integrated into the university's academic community. Academic Advisors help newly admitted transfer students make informed decisions about their course selection and university policies and procedures. Coming from another institution (community college or other four-year university), you may have credits earned for courses towards your degree at CSUSB, and your Academic Advisor can assist you in that process.
During Orientation, you will participate in a group advising experience. You will learn about academic program requirements, academic policies and procedures, and other services that will help you achieve academic success. Enrollment in courses for fall semester will take place during your assigned registration date and time. Your registration date and time will be available on your myCoyote portal.
In order to have a successful Orientation session, be prepared with the following information or requests of you for Orientation.
Submit Your Final Transcripts -- your final transcripts are due to CSUSB Admissions and Student Recruitment by July 15, 2022. Failure to submit final transcripts by this deadline will result in your admissions offer being cancelled. We recommend submitting them as soon as possible ahead of your orientation date.
CSUSB Student Self-Attestation – found on your myCoyote, CSUSB needs you to complete this form prior to Orientation indicating your COVID vaccination status. You can view more information about this on the Return of the Pack webpage. You will have a hold on your student record until this is completed; this hold WILL prevent you from registering for courses or changing your class schedule.