Welcome to California State University, San Bernardino! We are excited that you have selected CSUSB to continue with your undergraduate education. The Orientation program is a mandatory program that provides you with key resources to help with your transition into the CSUSB community and your journey toward academic success. Recognizing that the information provided to first-year freshmen students differs from transfer students, we have designed your specific orientation session to address the most critical of information.
Traditionally, our transfer orientation program is a one day, in-person experience on campus. However, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, our 2020 transfer orientation programs will be via an online experience to ensure a safe experience for all participants. Orientation and First Year Experience, along with our campus partners, have created a virtual experience for you to ensure a successful transition to CSUSB.
Transfer Orientation 2020
Transfer Orientation will consist of:
1) An online Pre-Orientation course via Blackboard (available 24 hours after registering for your webinar)
2) A webinar experience which will include academic advising and course registration, and
3) Enhanced fall social programming to connect you to campus.
Deadline to register for any session is June 15 or your admissions will be cancelled.
In the meantime, explore the university website and prepare to become a part of the Coyote community.
There are a few steps you must complete before you register and attend Orientation:
Accept Your Offer of Admission
All students must accept their offer of admission by paying their Enrollment Confirmation Deposit BEFORE June 1. Please note that this fee is separate from any Orientation fees. The non-refundable, non-transferable deposit declares your intent to attend CSUSB and can be paid through your myCoyote account. Once you pay your confirmation deposit, please allow 24-48 hours before you register for a Orientation session. For more information, visit Admissions and Student Recruitment.
Emergency Contact Information
You are required to complete the Emergency Contact information on your myCoyote Self Service Student Center Portal before registering for Orientation. This information will only be used in case of an emergency and someone needs to be contacted on your behalf. Be sure to keep this information updated with CSUSB.
Submit Your FINAL Transcripts
Partial transcripts are due to Admissions and Student Recruitment by February 15. Failure to submit final transcripts by the July 15 deadline will result in your offer for admission being cancelled and you will not be able to attend CSUSB.
In order to be considered fully admitted to CSUSB, you must submit official transcripts to demonstrate that your final grades and coursework continue to reflect your eligibility to the university, and that you are eligible for transfer. Applicants will be considered fully admitted when an admissions officer verifies that the student has completed all coursework in progress at a satisfactory level.
All official transcripts may be mailed to:
CSUSB Admissions & Student Recruitment
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407
You may deliver sealed official transcripts to the CSUSB Office of Admissions & Student Recruitment in University Hall, Room 107.
NOTE: To better optimize your advising experience during orientation, you must submit your official transcripts as soon as possible – even if you are currently enrolled in courses at another college or university.
Review Orientation Cost / Fees and Waiver of Liability
Students who register to participate in the Orientation program agree to the cost of the program, any fees that might be charged, and a waiver of liability. It is important that you read these policies prior to registering for Orientation.
Once you complete the steps on the Transfer Student Checklist, you should be able to register for your Orientation session. We look forward to seeing you this summer!
Transfer Orientation dates are in May and June. All students are REQUIRED to participate in a virtual orientation session. Registration is based on a first come, first-served basis. NOTE: Fall semester class registration for new transfer students begins May 28, 2020.
Before You Register
- Deadline to register for any session is June 15 or your admissions will be cancelled.
- Due to limited space, it is advised that you register for the first available session.
- You will not be able to register for orientation once a session date has closed.
- Please make sure you do not have any outside conflicts (such as work, school, etc.) with the scheduled orientation date and times for your session. Expect the virtual session to be three (3) hours.
Information regarding your Zoom session will be sent to your CSUSB email account. Be sure you are checking that account for your Zoom session link and details.
|Thursday ,May 21||10:00 AM||Thursday, May 14||
|2||Tuesday, May 26||3:00 PM||Tuesday, May 19||CLOSED|
|3||Thursday, May 28||10:00 AM||Thursday, May 21||CLOSED|
|4||Saturday, May 30||9:00 AM||Friday, May 22||CLOSED|
|5||Wednesday, June 3||6:00 PM||Wednesday, May 27||CLOSED|
|6||Friday, June 5||9:00 AM||Friday, May 29||CLOSED|
|7||Saturday, June 6||9:00 AM||Friday, May 29||CLOSED|
|8||Tuesday, June 9||3:00 PM||Tuesday, June 2||Open|
|9||Thursday, June 11||10:00 AM||Thursday, June 4||Open|
|10||Friday, June 12||1:00 PM||Friday, June 5||Open|
Your Orientation hold is not removed from your account until you have successfully completed all steps of the transfer orientation program. You will not be able to register for classes until your Orientation hold is removed.
Please check your CSUSB email for updates. Orientation information will NOT be sent to your personal email account.
New Student Orientation is a mandatory program for all newly admitted students that provides you with key resources and tools to help with your transition into the CSUSB community and help continue your journey towards academic success.
Transfer orientation will consist of:
1) an online Pre-Orientation course via Blackboard (available 24 hours after registering for your webinar)
2) a webinar experience which include advising and course registration information, and
3) enhanced fall social programming to connect you to campus.
Information regarding your Zoom webinar session will be sent to your CSUSB email address ONLY. Please check that email account for your Zoom link and other details.
You will receive an e-mail to your Coyote e-mail account when registration is open. Please check your CSUSB e-mail regularly for any communication from CSUSB.
Registration will be online via your myCoyote account. You may register for an orientation session once you have paid the $100 enrollment confirmation deposit to CSUSB. Once you have paid this deposit, please allow 24-48 hours to gain access to the orientation registration page.
Keep in Mind
- Space is limited for each orientation session. The earlier you pay your confirmation deposit, accept your offer of admission, and complete all your requirements for full admission, the more likely you are to receive the orientation date of your choice.
- We strongly encourage you to register for the first available orientation date that you can attend. Some of the later transfer orientation sessions might occur after your assigned fall semester class registration date and time.
- Orientation dates fill up quickly. Dates that were once available may be closed when you revisit them, so have an alternate date in mind.
How to Register
In order to register for an Orientation session, you will need to:
- Know your Coyote (student) ID Number. Each student is given a nine-digit identification number upon admissions of their application for admission (ex: 000123456). The number is listed on all of the communication sent to you by Admissions & Student Recruitment. If you cannot locate your Coyote ID, please call Admissions and Student Recruitment at (909) 537-5188.
- Know your CSUSB e-mail address. Orientation information will be sent to you electronically to your CSUSB Coyote e-mail address.
- Know any scheduling conflicts. Orientation is a three-hour program; make sure you plan accordingly to attend the entire day. Your Orientation hold is not removed unless you complete the orientation program in full, and you will not be able to register for courses with this hold.
- Log into myCoyote.
- Select the Orientation Registration link. This will be located under My Tasks, entitled Orientation Registration.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to register and choose a date.
Making Changes to Your Orientation Session
If you need to change your Orientation date:
- Send us an email at email@example.com. In the e-mail be sure to include the following:
- First and Last Name
- Student ID Number
- Original Orientation date your are registered for
- New Orientation date you want to switch into
- Contact phone number
- Call Orientation and First Year Experience at (909) 537-5233. Please be ready to provide the above information when you call.
NOTE: Changing the date of your Orientation session is subject to availability in another Orientation session. If you change your Orientation date more than once, you will be changed an administrative fee of $25 per change. Please review the Program Costs and Fees page.
If you need to change one of the following:
- Update your contact information (address or phone number): you can update your information on your myCoyote portal.
Change Your Major: If you have paid your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit, you must change your major with the Office of the Registrar, using the following instructions and guidelines.
If you have not yet paid your deposit, contact Admissions and Student Recruitment at (909) 537-5188 for more information.
Academic advising is an educational process by which you are integrated into the university's academic community. Academic Advisors help newly admitted transfer students make informed decisions about their course selection and university policies and procedures. Coming from another institution (community college or other four-year university), you may have credits earned for courses towards your degree at CSUSB, and your Academic Advisor can assist you in that process.
During Orientation, you will participate in a group advising experience. You will learn about academic program requirements, academic policies and procedures, and other services that will help you achieve you academic success. Enrollment in courses for fall semester will take place during your assigned registration date and time. Your registration date and time will be available on your myCoyote portal. If your Orientation webinar does not occur until after your registration window begins, you will not register for courses until you complete the webinar session.
Registration Virtual Help Desk
To assist you with any questions you have while registering for courses, we have set up Virtual Help Desk sessions. Join us if you have questions about courses, pre-requisites, or other academic-related topics at CSUSB. You can "stop by" during any of the open times, as you need! Click Join A Session to enter the Virtual Help desk during any of the designated times.
Friday, May 22 | 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Wednesday, May 27 | 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Friday, May 29 | 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Monday, June 1 | 3:00 - 5:00 PM
Thursday, June 4 | 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Monday, June 8 | 3:00 - 5:00 PM
Thursday, June 11 | 3:00 - 5:00 PM
Monday, June 15 | 3:00 - 5:00 PM