Welcome to California State University, San Bernardino! We are excited that you have selected CSUSB to continue with your undergraduate education. The Orientation program is a mandatory program that provides you with key resources to help with your transition into the CSUSB community and your journey toward academic success. Recognizing that the information provided to first-year freshmen students differs from transfer students, we have designed your specific orientation session to address the most critical of information.
If you are a new transfer student beginning in the Spring 2018 quarter, please contact Advising and Acadmic Services Office at (909) 537-5034 to complete your advising requirement before registering for classes.
Transfer Orientation is a mandatory one day program where you will:
- Learn about key services and resources available at CSUSB, such as financial aid and career development
- Learn about graduation requirements for your major and the registration process
- Become familiar with CSUSB policies and procedures
- Get the 'inside scoop' on the campus
- Meet other new transfer students and build lasting friendships
- Start building Coyote PRIDE: Power, Responsibility, Integrity, Determination, Enthusiasm
In the meantime, explore the university website and prepare to become a part of the Coyote community.
Before You Attend Orientation
There are a few steps you must complete before you register and attend Orientation:
Accept Your Offer of Admission
All students must accept their offer of admission by paying their Enrollment Confirmation Deposit BEFORE May 1. Please note that this fee is separate from any Orientation fees. The non-refundable, non-transferable deposit declares your intent to attend CSUSB and can be paid through your myCoyote account. Once you pay your confirmation deposit, please allow 24-48 hours before you register for a Orientation session. For more information, visit Admissions and Student Recruitment.
Emergency Contact Information
You are required to complete the Emergency Contact information on your myCoyote Self Service Student Center Portal before registering for Orientation. This information will only be used in case of an emergency and someone needs to be contacted on your behalf. Be sure to keep this information updated with CSUSB.
Submit your OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS
Partial transcripts are due to the Office of Admissions by February 15. Failure to submit final transcripts by the July 1 deadline will result in your offer for admission being cancelled and you will not be able to attend CSUSB.
In order to be considered fully admitted to CSUSB, you must submit official transcripts to demonstrate that your final grades and coursework continue to reflect your eligibility to the university, and that you are eligible for transfer. Applicants will be considered fully admitted when an admissions officer verifies that the student has completed all coursework in progress at a satisfactory level.
All official transcripts may be mailed to:
CSUSB Admissions & Student Recruitment
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407
You may deliver sealed official transcripts to the CSUSB Office of Admissions & Student Recruitment in University Hall, Room 107.
NOTE: To better optimize your advising experience during orientation, you must submit your official transcripts as soon as possible – even if you are currently enrolled in courses at another college or university.
Review Orientation Cost / Fees and Waiver of Liability
Students who register to participate in the Orientation program agree to the cost of the program, any fees that might be charged, and a waiver of liability. It is important that you read these policies prior to registering for Orientation.
Once you complete the steps on the Transfer Student Checklist, you should be able to register for your Orientation session. We look forward to seeing you this summer!
San Bernardino Transfer Orientation dates are in May and June. All students are REQUIRED to participate in a one day Orientation session. You can register for an Orientation date on a first come, first serve basis.
Before You Register
- Deadline to register for any session is June 15 or your admissions will be cancelled.
- Due to limited space, it is advised that you register for the first available session.
- You will not be able to register for orientation once a session date has closed.
- Please make sure you do not have any outside conflicts (such as work, school, sports, etc.) with the scheduled orientation dates.
Fall 2018 Orientation registration is now CLOSED.
Saturday, May 12
Saturday, May 19
Saturday, June 2
|4||Saturday, June 9||June 1||Closed|
|5||Wednesday, June 27||June 20||
|6||Thursday, June 28||June 21||Closed|
Your Orientation hold is not removed from your account until you have successfully completed all steps of the transfer orientation program. You will not be able to register for classes until your Orientation hold is removed.
Please check your Coyote Email for updates. Orientation information will NOT be sent to your personal email account.
NOTE: Fall quarter class registration for new transfer students begins the week of June 4-7, 2018.
Check in Time: Begins at 7:30 am
Listed below is a general overview of the orientation program. The schedule is subject to change before the orientation sessions begin.
- Orientation Check-in – Students will receive orientation materials, meet with Orientation Leaders, and meet other transfer students.
- Welcome – Receive a warm welcome from President Morales, learn about the day's schedule, and meet the Orientation and First Year Experience team.
- Pack Time & Campus Tours- Know your way around campus? Your Orientation Leader will give you an informative tour of campus and point out places if interest. Do you know where your classes are, where to buy your text books, or what to do between classes? They'll help you find out.
- CSUSB 101 for Transfer Students-Learn, from a faculty member, what you can expect with your transition into CSUSB.
- Workshops- – Learn about various programs and resources offered at CSUSB. Students will have the opportunity to attend various workshops to learn about the Veterans Success Center, Health & Wellness, Study Away, Academic Resources, Non-Traditional Student Services, and Housing & Dining.
- Lunch –Hang out with your new friends and enjoy lunch on us.
- Money Management at CSUSB- Learn more about financial aid and programs to help meet the costs of obtaining a college education, and obtain information on ways to better manage your finances while in college.
- Academic Advising Overview – Learn about the academic requirements needed to graduate with a bachelor's degree from CSUSB. You will also learn how to navigate myCoyote and how to use your PAWS report.
- College Sessions – Receive an overview of your respective colleges, including faculty expectations. You will also have the opportunity to receive group advising with the professional advising team from your college.
How to Register for Orientation
Transfer Orientation registrationis now CLOSED.
You will receive an e-mail to your Coyote e-mail account before registration is open. Please check your Coyote e-mail regularly for any communication from CSUSB.
You may begin to register for your Orientation session date starting in March 2018. Registration will be online via your myCoyote account. You may register for an orientation session once you have paid the $100 confirmation deposit to CSUSB. Once you have paid this deposit, please allow 24-48 hours to gain access to the orientation registration page.
Keep in Mind
- Space is limited for each orientation date. The earlier you pay your confirmation deposit, accept your offer of admission, and complete all your requirements for full admission, the more likely you are to receive the orientation date of your choice.
- We strongly encourage you to register for the first available orientation date that you can attend. Some of the later transfer orientation sessions might occur after your assigned fall quarter class registration date and time.
- Orientation dates fill up quickly. Dates that were once available may be closed when you revisit them, so have an alternate date in mind.
How to Register
In order to register for an Orientation session, you will need to:
- Know your Coyote (student) ID Number. Each student is given a nine-digit identification number upon admissions of their application for admission (ex: 000123456). The number is listed on all of the communication sent to you by Admissions & Student Recruitment. If you can't locate your Coyote ID, please call the Admissions Office at (909) 537-5188.
- Know your CSUSB Coyote e-mail address. Orientation information will be sent to you electronically to your CSUSB Coyote e-mail address.
- Know any scheduling conflicts. Orientation is a one (1) day program; make sure you plan accordingly to attend the entire day. Your Orientation hold is not removed unless you complete the orientation program in full, and you will not be able to register for courses with this hold.
- Log into myCoyote.
- Select the Orientation Registration link. This will be located on the left-hand menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to register and choose a date.
Making Changes to Your Orientation Session
If you need to change your Orientation date:
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the e-mail be sure to include the following:
- First and Last Name
- Student ID Number
- Original Orientation date your are registered for
- New Orientation date you want to switch into
- Contact phone number
- Call Orientation and First Year Experience at (909) 537-5233. Please be ready to provide the above information when you call.
NOTE: Changing the date of your Orientation session is subject to availability in another Orientation session. If you change your Orientation date more than once, you will be changed an administrative fee of $25.00 per change. Please review the Program Costs and Fees page.
If you need to change one of the following:
- Update your contact information (address or phone number): you can update your information on your myCoyote portal.
- Change your major: you must submit a Change of Major form with the Office of the Registrar. For more information, visit the Change of Major site.
Advising & Registration
Academic advising is an educational process by which you are integrated into the university's academic community. Academic Advisors help newly admitted transfer students make informed decisions about their course selection and university policies and procedures. Coming from another institution (community college or other four-year university), you may have credits earned for courses towards your degree at CSUSB, and your Academic Advisor can assist you in that process.
It is important that you meet with an Academic Advisor to assist you with your academic transition into CSUSB, providing accurate information about academic major requirements, promote learning and utilization of academic and campus resources, and facilitate academic major and career exploration.
During Orientation, you will participate in a group advising experience. You will learn about academic program requirements, academic policies and procedures, and other services that will help you achieve you academic success.
Enrollment in courses for fall quarter will take place during your assigned registration date and time. Your registration date and time will be available on your myCoyote portal.