If you were admitted for Spring 2022, please visit our Orientation 2022 page.
Welcome to California State University, San Bernardino Palm Desert Campus! We are excited that you have selected CSUSB to continue with your undergraduate education. The Orientation program is a mandatory program that provides you with key resources to help with your transition into the CSUSB community and your journey toward academic success. Recognizing that the information provided to first-year freshmen students differs from transfer students, we have designed your specific orientation session to address the most critical of information.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, our 2021 transfer orientation programs will be via an online experience to ensure a safe experience for all participants. Orientation and First Year Experience, along with our campus partners, have created a virtual experience for you to ensure a successful transition to CSUSB.
Transfer Orientation 2021
Transfer Orientation will consist of:
Pre-Orientation: an online program (available 24-48 hours after registering for your Orientation LIVE! session)
Orientation LIVE!: a webinar experience which will include academic advising and course registration (attendance required to remove your orientation hold); and
Connections: enhanced fall social programming to connect you to campus.
Deadline to register for any session is June 17 or your admissions will be cancelled.
In the meantime, explore the university website and prepare to become a part of the Coyote community.
If you are pursuing a major offered at the Palm Desert Campus and will be taking your courses here, then you may complete the Orientation requirement at PDC. Otherwise, you must attend Orientation at the San Bernardino Campus. See the complete list of PDC Undergraduate Degrees.
For additional Information regarding transfer admissions to the Palm Desert Campus:
- Brenda Machuca - 909.537.8111
- Alejandra Quintero - 909.537.8272
There are a few steps you must complete before you register and attend Orientation:
Make Sure Your Major is Offered at the Palm Desert Campus
You must verify whether your major is offered at the Palm Desert Campus before you attend Orientation. See the complete list of PDC Undergraduate Degrees. If your major is not offered at the Palm Desert Campus, you must attend orientation at the San Bernardino Campus.
Accept Your Offer of Admission
All students must accept their offer of admission and pay their Enrollment Confirmation Deposit BEFORE May 1. Accepting your admission and paying your deposit are two separate processes; both need to be completed in order to fully accept your Admissions. Visit our How To Guide for step-by-step directions.
Please note that the Enrollment Confirmation Deposit is separate from any Orientation fees. The non-refundable, non-transferable deposit declares your intent to attend CSUSB and can be paid through your myCoyote account. Once you pay your confirmation deposit, please allow 24-48 hours before you register for an Orientation session. For more information, visit Admissions and Student Recruitment.
Emergency Contact Information
You are required to complete the Emergency Contact information on your myCoyote Student Center before registering for Orientation. This information will only be used in case of an emergency and someone needs to be contacted on your behalf. Be sure to keep this information updated.
Submit Your FINAL Transcripts
Partial transcripts are due to Admissions and Student Recruitment by February 15. Final transcripts must be either hand-delivered or received by the July 15 deadline. Failure to submit final transcripts will result in your offer for admission being revoked, and you will not be able to attend courses at the Palm Desert Campus.
In order to be considered fully admitted'to the university, you must submit official transcripts to demonstrate that your final grades and coursework continue to reflect your eligibility to the university. Applicants will be considered fully admitted when an admissions officer verifies that the student has completed all coursework in progress at a satisfactory level.
All official transcripts may be mailed to:
CSUSB Admissions & Student Recruitment
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407
You may deliver sealed official transcripts to the CSUSB Office of Admissions & Student Recruitment in University Hall, Room 107.
You may deliver sealed official transcripts to the CSUSB Palm Desert Campus Administration office in Rogers Gateway Building, Room 203.
NOTE: To better optimize your advising experience during Orientation, we encourage you to submit your final, official transcripts as soon as possible – even if you are currently enrolled in courses at another college or university.
Review Orientation Cost / Fees and Waiver of Liability
Students who register to participate in the Orientation program agree to the cost of the program, any fees that might be charged, and a waiver of liability. It is important that you read these policies prior to registering for Orientation.
Once you complete the steps on the Transfer Student Checklist, you will be able to register for your Orientation session.
CSUSB Palm Desert Campus Transfer Orientation dates are in April and May. All students are REQUIRED to participate in a virtual orientation session. Registration is based on a first come, first-served basis. NOTE: Fall semester class registration for new transfer students begins April 30, 2021.
Before You Register
- Deadline to register for any session is June 17 or your admissions will be cancelled.
- Due to limited space, it is advised that you register for the first available session.
- You will not be able to register for orientation once a session date has closed.
- Please make sure you do not have any outside conflicts (such as work, classes, etc.) with the scheduled orientation sessions. Expect to be on your Orientation LIVE! session to be four (4) hours. You must be on for the entire duration of the LIVE! session to have your Orientation Hold removed.
Information regarding your Orientation LIVE! session will be sent to your CSUSB email account. Be sure you are checking that account for your Zoom session link and details.
Transfer Orientation registration is now CLOSED.
|Session Number||Date||Time||Registration Deadline||Status|
|1||Friday, April 30||10:00 AM||Friday, April 23||Closed|
|2||Saturday, May 8||10:00 AM||Friday, April 30||Closed|
|3||Tuesday, May 11||1:00 PM||Tuesday, May 4||Closed|
|4||Wednesday, May 26||3:00 PM||Wednesday, May 19||Closed|
|5||Monday, June 7||1:00 PM||Friday, June 4||Closed|
|6||Thursday, June 24||10:00 AM||Wednesday, June 23||Closed|
You will not be able to register for classes until your Orientation hold is removed. Your Orientation hold is not removed from your account until you have successfully completed all steps of the Transfer Orientation Program.
Please check your CSUSB email for updates. Orientation information will NOT be sent to your personal email account.
New Student Orientation is a mandatory program for all newly admitted students that provides you with key resources and tools to help with your transition into the CSUSB community and help continue your journey towards academic success.
Orientation will consist of:
- Pre-Orientation: an online program (available 24-48 hours after registering for your Orientation LIVE! session). This is available on your myCoyote portal, under My Tasks. Please access via Student Log In, not as a Guest. If Student Log In does not allow you access, please allow another 24 hours for system updates!
- Orientation LIVE!: a webinar experience which will include academic advising and course registration (attendance required to remove your orientation hold); and
- Connections: enhanced fall social programming to connect you to campus.
Information regarding your Orientation LIVE! session will be sent to your CSUSB email address ONLY. Please check that email account for your Zoom link and other details.
Registration will be online via your myCoyote account. You may register for an orientation session once you have accepted your offer of admissions and paid the $100 enrollment confirmation deposit to CSUSB. Once you have paid this deposit, please allow 24-48 hours to gain access to the orientation registration page.
Keep in Mind
- Space is limited for each orientation session. The earlier you pay your confirmation deposit, accept your offer of admission, and complete all your requirements for full admission, the more likely you are to receive the orientation date of your choice.
- We strongly encourage you to register for the first available orientation date that you can attend. Some of the later transfer orientation sessions might occur after your assigned fall semester class registration date and time.
- Orientation dates fill up quickly. Dates that were once available may be closed when you revisit them, so have an alternate date in mind.
How to Register
In order to register for an Orientation session, you will need to:
- Know your Coyote (student) ID Number. Each student is given a nine-digit identification number upon submission of their application for admission (ex: 000123456). The number is listed on all of the communication sent to you by Admissions & Student Recruitment. If you cannot locate your Coyote ID, please call Admissions and Student Recruitment at 909.537.5188.
- Know your CSUSB e-mail address. Orientation information will be sent to you electronically to your CSUSB Coyote e-mail address.
- Know any scheduling conflicts. Orientation is a three-hour program; make sure you plan accordingly to attend the entire day. Your Orientation hold is not removed unless you complete the orientation program in full, and you will not be able to register for courses with this hold.
- Log into myCoyote.
- Select the Orientation Registration link. This will be located on the left-hand menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to register and choose a date.
Making Changes to Your Orientation Session
If you need to change your Orientation date:
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the e-mail be sure to include the following:
- First and Last Name
- Student ID Number
- Original Orientation date your are registered for
- New Orientation date you want to switch into
- Contact phone number
- Call Orientation and First Year Experience at 909.537.5233. Please be ready to provide the above information when you call.
NOTE: Changing the date of your Orientation session is subject to availability in another Orientation session. If you change your Orientation date more than once, you will be changed an administrative fee of $25 per change. Please review the Program Costs and Fees page.
If you need to change one of the following:
- Update your contact information (address or phone number): you can update your information on your myCoyote portal.
Change Your Major: If you have paid your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit, you must change your major with the Office of the Registrar, using the following instructions and guidelines.
If you have not yet paid your deposit, contact Admissions and Student Recruitment at 909.537.5188 for more information.
Academic advising is an educational process by which you are integrated into the university's academic community. Academic Advisors help newly admitted transfer students make informed decisions about their course selection and university policies and procedures.
During Orientation, you will participate in a group advising experience. You will learn about academic program requirements, academic policies and procedures, and other services that will help you achieve you academic success. Enrollment in courses for fall semester will take place during your assigned registration date and time. Your registration date and time will be available on your myCoyote portal. If your Orientation webinar does not occur until after your registration window begins, you will not register for courses until you complete the webinar session.
To provide you additional support and assistance with registering for your courses, we are offering Virtual Registration Help Desks to allow you to connect with our Office of the Registrar staff. Join us at any time during any of the following sessions for assistance!
Dates and times coming soon!