There are a few steps you must complete before you register and attend Orientation:
Make sure your major is offered at the Palm Desert Campus
You must verify whether your major is offered at the Palm Desert Campus before you attend Orientation. See this list of
Accept your Offer of Admission
All students must accept their offer of admission by paying their Enrollment Confirmation Deposit BEFORE May 1st; this fee is separate from the Orientation fees. The non-refundable, non-transferable deposit declares your intent to attend our campus and must be made in order to enroll in courses. You may pay the deposit through your MyCoyote account. Once you pay your confirmation deposit, please allow 48 hours before you register for a Orientation session. For more information please go to: Admissions and Student Recruitment.
Emergency Contact Information
You are required to complete the Emergency Contact information on your MyCoyote Student Center Portal before registering for Orientation. This information will only be used in case of an emergency and someone needs to be contacted on your behalf. Be sure to keep this information updated.
Submit your FINAL TRANSCRIPTS
Partial transcripts are due to the Office of Admissions by February 15. Failure to submit final transcripts by the July 1st deadline will result in your offer for admission being revoked and you will not be able to attend courses at the Palm Desert Campus.
In order to be considered "fully admitted" to the university, you must submit official transcripts to demonstrate that your final grades and coursework continue to reflect your eligibility to the university, and that you have graduated from high school. Applicants will be considered fully admitted when an admissions officer verifies that the student has completed all coursework in progress at a satisfactory level.
All official transcripts may be mailed to:
CSUSB Admissions & Student Recruitment
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407
You may deliver sealed official transcripts to the CSUSB Office of Admissions & Student Recruitment in University Hall, Room 107.
You may deliver sealed official transcripts to the CSUSB Palm Desert Campus Administration office in Rogers Gateway Building, Room 203.
NOTE: To better optimize your Advising experience during Orientation, you must submit your official transcripts as soon as possible – even if you are currently enrolled in courses at another College or University.
Review Orientation Cost / Fees and Waiver of Liability
Students who register to participate in the Orientation program agree to the cost of the program, any fees that might be charged, and a waiver of liability. It is important that you read these policies prior to registering for Orientation.
Once you complete the steps on the Transfer Student checklist, you will be able to register for your Orientation session.
Cal State San Bernardino, Palm Desert Campus Transfer Orientation dates are in June. All students are REQUIRED to participate in a one-day orientation session. You can register for an Orientation date on a first come, first serve basis.
Fall 2018 Orientation registration will open in March.
|Session Number||Dates||Registration Deadline||Status|
|1||Saturday, June 2 @ 8:00 AM||Friday, May 5||Closed|
|2||Saturday, June 9 @ 8:00 AM||Friday, May 12||Closed|
Your Orientation hold is not removed from your account until you have successfully completed all steps of the Transfer Orientation Program. You will not be able to register for classes until your Orientation hold is removed.
Please check your Coyote email for updates. Orientation information will NOT be sent to your personal email account.
- Orientation Check-in – Students will receive orientation materials, meet with Orientation Leaders, and meet other Transfer students. You will also have an opportunity to have your Student ID picture taken at this time, so arrive early.
- Welcome – Receive a warm welcome from President Morales, Dr. Sharon Brown-Welty, learn about the day's schedule, and meet the Orientation Team.
- Student Success at CSUSB – Learn, from a faculty member, what you can expect with your transition into CSUSB.
- Student Conduct and Ethical Development – Learn about your social and ethical responsibilities as a member of the university community. Learn about Title IX and your responsibilities on campus in regards to sexual and interpersonal misconduct.
- Financial Aid & Paying For College – Learn about financial aid and programs to help meet the costs of obtaining a college education. Workshop also includes information on ways to better manage your finances while in college.
- Career Center – Learn about the services offered to students by the Career Center
- Lunch – With a Faculty Advisor. Meet your Faculty Advisor and learn more about your major while enjoying lunch on us.
- Academic Advising Overview – Review the academic requirements needed to graduate with a bachelor's degree and receive an overview from an Academic Advisor.
- Registration – After meeting with an Academic Advisor and Faculty Advisor, you will regiter for your Fall 2018 classes.
Transfer Orientation online registration will open in March.
You will receive an e-mail to your CSUSB Coyote e-mail account before registration is open. Please check your Coyote e-mail regularly for any communication from Cal State San Bernardino.
You may begin to register for your Orientation session date starting in March 2018. Registration will be online and based on the following:
- You have paid the confirmation deposit to CSUSB.
- There is open availability for the Orientation session you want to attend.
Once you register for an Orientation session, you will receive an email confirmation shortly thereafter.
Keep in Mind
Space is limited for each orientation date. The earlier you pay your confirmation deposit, accept your offer of admission, and complete all your requirements for full admission, the more likely you are to receive the Orientation date of your choice.
We strongly encourage you to register for the first available orientation date that you can attend. Some of the later transfer orientation sessions might occur after your assigned fall quarter class registration date and time.
Keep in mind that orientation dates fill up quickly, therefore, dates that were once available may be closed when you check on them a second time.
How to Register
In order to register for an Orientation session, you will need to:
- Know your Student ID Number. Each student is given a nine-digit identification number upon admissions of their application for admission. (Ex: 000123456). The number is listed on all of the communication set to you by the Admissions Office. If you can't locate your Coyote ID, please call the Admissions Office at 909-537-5188.
- Know your CSUSB Coyote e-mail address. Orientation information will be sent to you electronically to your CSUSB Coyote e-mail address.
- Know any scheduling conflicts. Orientation is a one (1) day program; make sure you plan accordingly to attend the entire day. If you do not complete your orientation, you may have to come back to another orientation date.
- Log into MyCoyote.
- Select the Orientation Registration link. This will be located on the left-hand menu.
- Follow on-screen instructions.
Making Changes to Your Orientation Session
If you need to change your Orientation date:
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the e-mail be sure to include the following:
- First and Last Name
- Student ID Number
- Original Orientation date your are registered for
- New Orientation date you want to switch into
- Contact phone number
2. Call the Office of Orientation and First Year Experience at (909) 537-5233.
NOTE: Changing the date of your Orientation session is subject to availability in another Orientation session. If you change your Orientation date more than once, you will be changed an administrative fee of $25.00 per change. Please review the Program Costs and Fees page.
If you need to change one of the following:
- Update your contact information (mailing address or phone number), you can update your information on your MyCoyote portal.
- Change your major, you must submit a change of Major form with the Office of the Registrar. For more information, visit the Change of Major site.
Academic Advising is an educational process by which you are integrated into the University community. This is accomplished by assisting you in the transition from community college to CSUSB Palm Desert Campus, providing accurate information about academic major requirements, promoting learning and utilization of academic and campus resources, and facilitating academic major and career exploration.
During Orientation you will participate in a group advising experience. You will learn about academic program requirements, academic policies and procedures, and other services that will help you achieve you academic success.