Make sure your major is offered at the Palm Desert Campus
You must verify whether your major is offered at the Palm Desert Campus before you attend Orientation. List of PDC Undergradute Degrees. If your major is not offered at the Palm Desert Campus, you will have to attend Orientation at the San Bernardino Campus.
Accept Your Offer of Admissions
All students must accept their offer of admission by paying their Enrollment Confirmation Deposit BEFORE May 1st; please note that this fee is separate from any Orientation fees. The non-refundable, non-transferable deposit declares your intent to attend Cal State San Bernardino and can be paid through your myCoyote account. You can also pay your deposit in person at the Palm Desert Campus in the Mary Stuart Roger's Gateway Building Room 203. We accept cash and debit for in-person payment. Once you pay your confirmation deposit, please allow 48 hours before you register for a Orientation session. For more information, visit: Admissions and Student Recruitment.
Emergency Contact Information
You are required to complete the Emergency Contact information on your myCoyote Self Service Student Center Portal before registering for Orientation. This information will only be used in case of an emergency and someone needs to be contacted on your behalf. Be sure to keep this information updated.
Review Orientation Cost / Fee's and Waiver of Liability
Students who register to participate in the Orientation program agree to the cost of the program, any fees that might be charged, and a waiver of liability. It is important that you read these policies prior to registering for Orientation.
Submit your Final Transcripts
In order to be considered "fully admitted" to Cal State San Bernardino, you must submit official transcripts with final grades and course work that reflect you have maintained your eligibility to the university. This includes a transcript that reflects graduation from high school.
Applicants will be considered fully admitted when an admissions officer verifies that the student has completed all coursework in progress at a satisfactory level.
Failure to submit final transcripts by the July 1st deadline will result in your offer for admission being revoked and you will not be able to attend courses at Cal State San Bernardino.
All official transcripts may be mailed to:
CSUSB Admissions & Student Recruitment
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407
You can submit transcript in person at the Palm Desert Campus in the Mary Stuart Roger's Gateway Building Room 203.
Once you complete these few steps, you should be able to register for your Orientation session. We look forward to seeing you this summer!
The Palm Desert Campus offers only one First-Year Orientation session on the following date. Please make sure that you make all arrangements to attend your Orientation session. In order to attend Orientation at the Palm Desert Campus your major must be offered at the Palm Desert Campus. You MUST participate in the two-day Orientation session during the summer if you are planning to attend CSUSB Palm Desert Campus.
Fall 2018 Orientation Registration will open in May 2018.
|1||July 10 – July 11||Non-Overnight Program||July 3||Open|
Please check your Coyote email for updates. Orientation information will NOT be sent to your personal email account.
Listed below is a general overview of the orientation program. The schedule is subject to change before the orientation sessions begin.
Check in Time: Begins at 7:00 am
- Orientation Check-in – Receive orientation materials, meet with your Orientation Leaders, and meet other new students.
- Welcome – Receive a warm welcome from President Morales and Dr. Brown-Welty, learn about the day's schedule, and meet the Orientation Team.
- Student Conduct and Ethical Development – Learn about your social and ethical responsibilities as a member of the university community. Learn about Title IX and your responsibilities on campus in regards to sexual and interpersonal misconduct.
- Financial Aid & Paying For College – Learn about financial aid and programs to help meet the costs of obtaining a college education. Workshop also includes information on ways to better manage your finances while in college.
- Campus Tours – Don't know your way around campus? Your Orientation Leader will give you an informative tour of campus and point out places if interest. Don't know where your classes are, where to buy your text books, or what to do between classes? They'll help you find out.
- Lunch –Get to know your pack while you enjoy lunch on campus with the rest of the PDC Pack.
- Academic Advising Overview/Coyote Prep – Learn about the academic requirements needed to graduate with a bachelor's degree from CSUSB. You will also learn how to navigate MyCoyote and how to read/interpret your PAWS report.
- Breakfast – Didn't have time to grab breakfast this morning? Don't worry, have breakfast on us!
- Diversity – Participate in activities that will raise your awareness of dimensions.
- Health & Wellness – Enjoy skits that promote mental, physical, and emotional health. Learn about the various services offered by the Student Health Center and Counseling and Psychological Services.
- Student Involvement – Learn about ways to get involved as a student here on campus.
- Lunch –Hang out with your new friends and enjoy lunch on us.
- College Sessions – Receive an overview of your respective colleges, including faculty expectations. You will also have the opportunity to receive group advising with the professional advising team from your college.
- Class Registration – The moment you've all been waiting for. Put all of your advising to work and select you classes for the Fall Quarter. You are officially a college student!
- Closing – You've made it to the end of your orientation session. Before you leave, you will get a chance to hear from the campus Dea, and also watching a motivating video presented by Alumni Affairs.
You may begin to register for your Orientation session date starting in Spring 2018. Registration will be online once you have paid the confirmation deposit.
Keep in mind:
There is only ONE option for Orientation at the Palm Desert Campus. There are no make ups for Orientation at Palm Desert.
How to Register:
In order to register for an Orientation session, you will need to:
- Know your Student ID Number –Each student is given a nine-digit identification number upon submission of their application for admission. (Ex: 000123456). The number is listed on all of the communication sent to you by the Admissions Office. If you can't locate your Coyote ID, please call the Admissions Office at 909-537-5188.
- Know your e-mail address – Orientation information will be sent to you electronically to your Coyote e-mail address.
- Know any scheduling conflicts – Palm Desert Orientation is ONLY offered once and is a two (2) day program; make sure you plan accordingly to attend both days.
- Be prepared to register your family member (s) – Family orientation is offered on specific dates. If your parents / family plan to attend family orientation, then you both must sign up for the same orientation date. For more information about parent orientation, please go to the following link: Family Orientation
- Log into MyCoyote
- Select the Orientation Registration link– This will be located on the left hand menu.
- Follow on screen instructions
Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to change one of the following:
- Contact information (e-mail or phone number)
- Add or cancel your parents into the Parent and Family Orientation
Please include the following information in your email:
- Student First and Last Name
- Student ID number
- What information you are changing
Academic Advising is an educational process by which you are integrated into the University community. This is accomplished by assisting you in the transition from high school to college, providing accurate information about academic major requirements, promoting learning and utilization of academic and campus resources, and facilitating academic major and career exploration.
During Orientation you will participate in a group advising experience. You will select your Fall Quarter classes, learn about academic program requirements, academic policies and procedures, and other services that will help you achieve you academic success.
Enrollment in courses for Fall Quarter also takes place during your Orientation session. All students will be able to leave Orientation with at least 12 units.
Class Registration at Orientation is ONLY available if you do not have any holds or your record. To verify of you have any holds that need to be cleared, please visit your My Coyote Portal.
Family Orientation at CSUSB Palm Desert Campus (PDC) is a half-day program for parents and/or family of incoming first-year's at PDC. Family Orientation is an opportunity for parents and/or family members to meet campus staff and administrators and to learn how parents and/or family members can support their student's transition into a four-year university. The Family Orientation is no charge. To RSVP for Parent Orientation, please e-mail Karina Daza at email@example.com.
Please make sure to include the following in your email:
- Your student's name
- The number of people attending Family Orientation
|1||July 12||Half-Day Program||Open|