Listed below is a general overview of the Parent and Family Orientation Program. When you arrive for your orientation session you will receive a more detailed session schedule. The schedule is subject to change before the orientation sessions begin.
A Spanish-language orientation program is also offered for our parents and family members who would be more comfortable receiving information in Spanish.
Parent & Family Orientation Program
- Orientation Check-in & Breakfast – Family members will receive orientation materials, meet with Orientation Leaders, and meet other parents and family members of new CSUSB students.
- Welcome – Receive a warm welcome from President Morales, learn about the day's schedule, and meet the Orientation Team.
- Financial Aid & Paying For College – Learn about financial aid and programs to help meet the costs of obtaining a college education. Workshop also includes information on ways to better manage your finances while in college.
- Campus Resources – Learn about some of the many campus resources that are available to you to help support your student.
- Campus Housing and Dining - Hear about the benefits to having your student live on campus.
- Campus Parking and Safety- Hear from our representatives from parking and transportation and our University Police and learn how your students safety is our number one concern and ways we make CSUSB a safe community.
- CSUSB Academic Overview – Learn about the academic requirements your student will need to graduate with a bachelor's degree from CSUSB. You will also learn how to support your student through the demands of college.
- Supporting your Student’s Transition - Students aren’t the only people experiencing some type of transition, you will too! Your role will change as a family member and we are here to help you understand your role and the many experiences, challenges and transitions your student will face.