Listed below is a general overview of the Parent and Family Orientation Program. When you arrive for your orientation session you will receive a more detailed session schedule. The schedule is subject to change before the orientation sessions begin.
A Spanish speaking orientation program is also offered for our parents and family members who would be more comfortable receiving information in Spanish.
Day One Program
- Orientation Check-in & Breakfast – Family members will receive orientation materials, meet with Orientation Leaders, and meet other parents and family members of new CSUSB students.
- Welcome – Receive a warm welcome from President Morales, learn about the day's schedule, and meet the Orientation Team.
- CSUSB Academic Overview – Learn about the academic requirements your student will need to graduate with a bachelor's degree from CSUSB. You will also learn how to support your student through the demands of college.
- Financial Aid & Paying For College – Learn about financial aid and programs to help meet the costs of obtaining a college education. Workshop also includes information on ways to better manage your finances while in college.
- Campus Resources – Learn about some of the many campus resources that are available to you to help support your student.
- Lunch –Enjoy lunch on us.
- Campus Housing and Safety – Hear about the benefits to having your student live on campus. Also learn about our University Police and how your students safety is our number one concern and ways we make CSUSB a safe community.
- Reception –Enjoy some light refreshments with the Dean of Students as you meet other parents and learn about ways you can get involved with CSUSB.
- Campus or Housing Tours – Our Student Orientation Coordinators will lead you through an informative tour of campus and point out places of interest. The bookstore is always a great place of buy your new CSUSB student a congratulations gift.