Student Authorization to Apply Financial Aid Towards Institutional Charges
I authorize California State University, San Bernardino (CSUSB) to apply my financial aid disbursement(s) to cover my mandatory Orientation fee ($77.47 for Fall 2021 - Spring 2022). I also authorize CSUSB to apply my financial aid disbursement(s) to pay for my other current, institutional fees and educationally-related charges.
If my financial aid eligibility changes and I do not have enough aid to cover all of my institutional fees and/or educationally-related charges, or if I decide to no longer attend CSUSB, I understand that I am responsible to pay all charges by due dates indicated. If payment is not made, a 'hold' will be placed on my student account which may prevent me from enrolling in classes or making changes to my class schedule.
This student authorization will remain in effect from the date of submission to CSUSB through my entire period of enrollment at the campus. I also understand that I may rescind this authorization at any time by contacting the Student Accounts Office located in University Hall, Room 034.
* Federal regulations allow the institution to apply a student's financial aid automatically to his/her account for allowable institutional charges, such as, tuition and fees, and contracted room and board.
Waiver of Liability
I hereby waive all claims or causes of action against the State of California, the Trustees of the California State University, California State University, San Bernardino, the Trustees of the California State University, California State University, San Bernardino, its auxiliary organizations, and the officers, directors, employees and agents of all of them, all of which are collectively hereinafter referred to as 'State,' arising out of my participation in the activity and hereby release, hold harmless, and discharge the State from all liability in connection therewith. Knowing, understanding, and fully appreciating all possible risks, I hereby expressly, voluntarily, and willingly assume all risks and dangers associated with my participation in this activity.
In the event of an accident or sudden illness, the University has my permission to have performed whatever medical emergency treatment may be deemed necessary on the undersigned participant.
CSUSB is a DRY CAMPUS. This means NO alcohol, NO drugs. There is zero tolerance for anyone who violates the dry campus rule, and if such a violation occurs the repercussions will be immediate and severe.
As a participant of the Orientation program, you have to be present for the entire session.
NO LEAVING CAMPUS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BEFORE THE END OF THE SESSION UNLESS OFFICIALLY DISMISSED BY AN ORIENTATION AND FIRST-YEAR EXPERIENCE STAFF MEMBER.
I grant permission to California State University, its employees and agents, to take and use visual/audio images of me. Visual/audio images are any type of recording, including but not limited to photographs, digital images, drawings, renderings, voices, sounds, video recordings, audio clips or accompanying written descriptions. CSU will not materially alter the original images. I agree that CSU owns the images and all rights related to them. The images may be used in any manner or media without notifying me, such as university-sponsored web sites, publications, promotions, broadcasts, advertisements, posters and theater slides, as well as for non-university uses. I waive any right to inspect or approve the finished images or any printed or electronic matter that may be used with them, or to be compensated for them.
I release CSU and its employees and agents, including any firm authorized to publish and/or distribute a finished product containing the images, from any claims, damages or liability which I may ever have in connection with the taking of use of the images or printed material used with the images.
I have read this waiver/release, and understand the terms used in it and their legal significance. This waiver/release is freely and voluntarily given with the understanding that the right to legal recourse against the State is, knowingly, given up in return for allowing my participation in the activity. My signature on this document is intended to bind not only myself but also my successors, heirs, representatives, administrators, and assignees.
Participation in Cal State San Bernardino's orientation program is required of all newly admitted undergraduate students prior to enrolling in their fall classes and in order to hold their place for course enrollment. A student’s Orientation Hold will not be removed, until the student’s successful completion of their orientation program (thus allowing them to register for classes).
- Students must register for an orientation session for their admit type (first-year freshmen or transfer).
- Students must register for the campus they have been admitted into (San Bernardino campus or Palm Desert campus).
- Students must register for their appropriate orientation session by the designated deadline:
- Transfer Students – Friday, May 21 by 5:00 PM
- First Year Students – Monday, June 14 by 5:00 PM
- Students must check in during the specified time and location for their registered orientation session.
- No Student will be able to 'walk-in' to a closed orientation session.
- No student will be able to check-in after the close of the check-in times. At that time students will be considered a 'no-show' for that orientation session.
- Student must attend all components of the orientation program. If students leave prior to the end of their orientation session, their Orientation Hold will not be removed.
- Students who are registered for an orientation session and do not attend, will NOT be able to reschedule to another orientation session.
* If you do not attend an orientation session and fulfill all orientation requirements, you may no longer be eligible for Fall 2021 enrollment at Cal State San Bernardino.