For all advising assistance, students should use advising sheets below as a guide and prepare a myCap plan for at least one semester, and then bring the plan to one of the following advising options:
- If students have completed less than 45 units, they need to see Advising & Academic Services (AAS; 909-537-7345; email@example.com)
- If students have completed more than 45 units, they can attend one of the following:
- Zoom, 1-on-1 advising; 15-min, drop-in only available for Kinesiology students
- Zoom, 1-on-1 advising; extended, appointment
- For more in-depth help beyond planning classes for one semester
- To make an appointment:
- Call (909)537-7345
- Email: CNSadvising@csusb.edu (Stacey or Primavera will respond)
- Or visit: CNS Professional Advising Center website or in person (UH-362)
- In-person, group advising with Kinesiology faculty
- To check student’s myCap plan
- See KINE group advising session schedule for hours
- Student brings MyCap plan, and faculty confirms or suggest changes (~10 min)
- A second faculty member confirms and files a report on Navigate
- Anything beyond a quick confirmation, student should seek faculty mentorship or extended appointment with CNS Professional Advising Center
For anything else other than checking the student’s myCap plan, students should make an appointment with Kinesiology Faculty Advisor. Faculty advisors schedule their own advising appointments. To schedule an appointment with a faculty advisor, please contact them directly. You can find their office hours and contact information here.
- How to make a myCap (this 2:30 video is most helpful)
- What is a PAWs Report
- Registration dates
- Check courses offered by term (link to Class Schedule)
- Grad Check
- Change Major form
- Academic Calendar
- admission criteria.
Roadmaps are to help guide you when planning your courses as a Kinesiology major. They are in no way stating that you must take classes in this order but a suggestion to help guide you through the required curriculum. Below are roadmaps for 4yrs and for 2 yrs (transfer students). A complete list of Roadmaps can be found here.
4 Year Roadmaps
2 Year Roadmaps
Spring 2022: KINE 2500 Enrollment
Are you a student wanting to enroll into KINE 2500 in Spring 2022?
Follow the steps below:
1) Email the Kinesiology Department office, firstname.lastname@example.org, and ask to enroll in the course. Please provide: ID#, name, course 5-digit code for the section you want to add, and make sure you do not have any schedule conflicts.
2) Within the first 2 weeks of the Spring 2022 semester, you will need to have found an approved observation site at which to complete your hours. A total of 40 hours will need to be completed by the end of the semester.
3)See below the list of approved sites that are currently eligible to complete hours at. If you do not have an approved site by the second week of the semester, you will be dropped from the class. We encourage you to start securing a site now.