Palm Desert Campus Safety Committee (PDC SC)
What is the PCD SC?
The Palm Desert Safety Committee (PDC SC), is responsible for promoting a safe working environment across all facets of the CSUSB Palm Desert Campus. this committee brings all departments around campus not only to discuss and mitigate hazards but to come together as a collective to ensure that the campus is operating safely.
Proposed Palm Desert Safety Committee (PDC SC) Structure
Below is the proposed PDC SC structure redesign. Under this structure, the committee is supported by an executive leader known as the executive sponsor, who serves as the Dean of the Palm Desert Campus and a member of the committee. The committee consists of two committee co-chairs, one appointed by the executive sponsor, the other an EH&S specialist. Members of the committee are comprised of Department Chairs and their respective delegates. Elections for the appointed ASC chair are held every two years and elected/appointed members serve for two years on their committee.
Co-chairs of the PDC SC are automatic members of the Risk and Safety Committee (R&SC), where they serve as a communicator for the committee they chair. As a representative for their committee, any updates regarding department concerns, modifications, regulatory deficiencies, incidents, and corrective action, are to be discussed and resolved if possible, through collaborative proposal between all R&SC members.
This charter is currently under review.
PDC SC Agendas and Meeting Minutes
Calendar Year 2020
- Dec 15, 2020: Dec 15, 2020-Agenda |
Calendar Year 2019
- Sep 18, 2019: Sep 18, 2019-Agenda
- Apr 12, 2019: Apr 12, 2019-Agenda | Apr 12, 2019-Minutes
- Jan 14, 2019: Jan 14, 2019-Agenda Handout(s): Audit CHP Draft, 15-1 HAZCOM Policy Update 2018
Calendar Year 2018
- Sep 24, 2018: Sep 24, 2018-Agenda | Sep 24, 2018-Minutes
- Jun 4, 2018: Jun 4, 2018-Agenda
- Feb 7, 2018: Feb 7, 2018-Agenda | Feb 7, 2018-Minutes Handout(s): Items of Concern for Pedestrian, Campus Map for Pedestrian Safety Concerns