Primavera Reza-Nakonechny, M.S.
Primavera Reza-Nakonechny, M. S. (she/her/ella) - Career Counselor
- Primavera Reza-Nakonechny is a Career Counselor within the Career Center and her previous related work experience includes serving students pursuing Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and pre-health career fields for 10+ years.
- She is currently completing her Doctor of Education in Higher Education Leadership at Azusa Pacific University and her previous education includes a Master of Science in College Counseling and Student Development from Azusa Pacific University, a Bachelor of Arts in History from California State University, Los Angeles, and an Associate of Arts in General Transfer Studies from Glendale Community College.
- Drawing motivation from being a student parent, the first in her family to attend graduate school, and identifying as Latina and Indigenous, Primavera collaborates with campus and community resources to better assist students. Primavera’s CSUSB campus involvement includes being the lead Faculty Advisor for the American Medical Student Association (AMSA) in which she mentors students from underrepresented communities seeking to pursue the medical field.
- Primavera also teaches a freshman seminar course and facilitates a workshop focused on justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion to better aid first year students in their transition into higher education.
- Primavera previously served as Vice President for the Association of Latino Faculty, Staff and Students (ALFSS) and has aided in various committees including planning for the Latinx Graduation Ceremony.