NEWS: In Fall 2020 the California State University, San Bernardindo campus will change from a quarter academic year calendar to a semester calendar, and because of this our undergraduate programs are changing. From Fall 2020, we wil be offering:
- BA in Art History & Global Cultures
- BA in Design Studies
- BFA in Design (with concentrations in 3D Design, Interface Design, Motion Graphics & Video Design, and Marketing)
- BA in Studio Art Studies
- BA in Art (with concentrations in Visual Arts & Visual Studies)
- BFA in Art (with concentrations in Studio Art & Visual Studies)
These new programs are available, and you can apply to them now via the Cal State Apply online portal.
You can also find details of all the new semester courses/classes and degree programs in this PDF catalogue.
For current students, the undergraduate programs in the Department of Art & Design will remain valid under the following five plans within the current BA in Art:
- Plan I - Visual Studies is an interdisciplinary plan with an emphasis on exploring intersections between art and the public, historically and in the present.
- Plan II - Studio Art offers a broad array of classes categorized under 2D Pictorial and Photographic Arts, 3D Spatial Arts, and Digital Arts so that students may work in an interdisciplinary mode or choose an emphasis.
- Plan III - Art History through both survey and thematic courses, offers the student an understanding of art and design's development through the ages and around the globe, exploring social and political themes and connections.
- Plan IV - Graphic Design students are prepared to participate in the ever-changing design field, both in print and on the web.
- Plan V - Graphic Design & Marketing has additional courses in business communications, economics, accounting, management, and public relations.
For courses in the semester calendar that will fulfill requirements towards your current degree, please see this PDF catalogue.