- 60 semester (90 quarter) units of transferrable coursework taken at a community college or regionally accredited university
- Completion of lower-division general education requirements, including CSU History, Constitution and American Ideals requirement. For more information on the General Education requirements, please visit the CSUSB Bulletin - General Education Program.
- 2.0 Minimum Cumulative GPA
Submit Application on Cal State Apply. The fee to apply to the CSU is $70 per campus.
The BA in Social Sciences Online program requires students to be classified as an Upper-Division transfer student. This usually involves the completion of the requirements above as well as the following six lower-division degree requirements:
- ECON 2202 - Principles of Macroeconomics - 3 Units
- GEOG 1010 - Introduction to Human Geography - 3 Units
- HIST 1440 - World History from c.1500 - 3 Units
- HIST 2000 - United States History to 1877 - 3 Units
- HIST 2010 - United States History, 1877 to the Present - 3 Units
- PSCI 2030 - Government of the United States - 3 Units
Students are highly encouraged to have completed all six of these courses prior to admission in the BA in Social Sciences Online program. Students who have not completed them may still be admitted to the Online program, but will be required to complete them at their local community college during their time in the program and prior to graduation.
Students are encouraged to research course transferability on Assist.org and consult with their Academic Advisor as soon as possible. Students will be provided with a PAWS Report through their myCoyote Account which will highlight any deficiencies in their required courses.
Program Start Dates
The Social Sciences Online Program accepts students every Fall and Spring Semester. Courses are conducted in two, seven-week sessions per Semester.
|Semester / Year||Term||Application Deadline||Document Deadline|
|Spring 2021||January 25 - May 8, 2021||January 4, 2021||January 11, 2021|
|Fall 2021||August 23 - December 4, 2021||July 9, 2021||July 21, 2021|