- 60 semester (90 quarter) units of transferrable coursework taken at a community college or regionally accredited university
- Completion of lower-division general education requirements, including CSU History, Constitution and American Ideals requirement. For more information on the General Education requirements, please visit the CSUSB Bulletin - General Education Program.
- 2.0 Minimum Cumulative GPA
Submit Application on Cal State Apply. The fee to apply to the CSU is $70 per campus.
The BA in Social Sciences Online program requires students to be classified as an Upper-Division transfer student. This usually involves the completion of the requirements above as well as the following four lower-division degree requirements:
- HIST 1460 - History of the United States: Pre-Colonialization to Present (3 Units)
- GEOG 1010 - Introduction to Human Geography (3 Units)
- ECON 2000 - the Economy: Problems and Perspectives (3 Units)
- PSCI 2030: Government of the United States (3 Units)
Students are highly encouraged to have completed all four of these courses prior to admission in the BA in Social Sciences Online program. Students who have not completed them may still be admitted to the Online program, but will be required to complete them at their local community college during their time in the program and prior to graduation.
Students are encouraged to research course transferability on Assist.org and consult with their Academic Advisor as soon as possible. Students will be provided with a PAWS Report through their myCoyote Account which will highlight any deficiencies in their required courses.
Program Start Dates
The Social Sciences Online Program accepts students every Fall and Spring Semester. Courses are conducted in two, seven-week sessions per Semester.
|Semester / Year||Term||Application Deadline||Document Deadline|
|Fall 2021||08/23 - 12/04/2021||07/09/2021||07/15/2021|
|Spring 2022||01/24 - 05/07/2021||11/19/2021||
11/1/2021 - Partial Transcript Deadline (students applied prior to 10/15)
12/3/2021 - Final Transcript Deadline
For all document deadlines, all final transcripts must be received by these deadlines. All previous and in-progress coursework is required to be completed and reflected in these final transcripts by the posted deadlines.