Main Content Region

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

What is an Associate's Degree for Transfer (AD-T)? 

Associate's Degrees for Transfer are degree programs at California Community Colleges that are intended to facilitate a seamless transfer pathway from community college to a California State University (CSU) campus. Completion of an AD-T comes with a few guarantees: 

AD-T's include all minimum requirements for transfer to a CSU campus

AD-T's include lower division General Education requirements and major preparation courses

Completion of an AD-T guarantees admission to a CSU Campus

Many CSU campuses offer priority admissions review to AD-T students.

To learn more about AD-T programs at your community college and with majors they align with at CSUSB, visit the A Degree With A Guarantee Website. You can also meet with CSUSB's Transfer Student Success Counselor/Coordinator to learn more about AD-T pathways.

How do I send my transcripts to CSUSB? 

Through your college or university website or student portal. The CSUSB Office of Admissions accepts physical and digital copies of your transcripts.

Digital copies of your transcripts can be submitted to Physical transcripts can be dropped off at our Enrollment Management Dropbox and addressed to:  California State University San Bernardino, Office of Admissions & Student Recruitment, 5500 University Parkway San Bernardino, CA 92407.

For additional information related to Admissions, please visit our Admissions Website or contact our Admissions Office at

How do I register for Orientation? 

To register for Orientation, visit your myCoyote portal, and find the My Tasks icon. You will see Orientation Registration in that menu. Enter that system, provide some information, and then you will be able to choose an orientation date. It is important to remember though that space for orientation is limited, which means that the sooner a student is able to pay their $100 Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD), the sooner they’ll be able to get into an orientation session. For additional information on orientation, students can visit the CSUSB Orientation website or contact our Orientation team at or (909) 537-5233.

What is a SOAR Hold? 

Your SOAR hold is an Orientation Hold, which prevents you from registering from classes. In order to have the hold lifted so you can register for classes, you must attend your mandatory new student orientation. 

How do I pay my Orientation fee? 

Your orientation fee is deferred and paid with your tuition and fees for the upcoming semester. Please refer to the Student Financial Services website to see tuition payment deadlines. 

How do I find out who my academic advisor is? 

At CSUSB, transfer students are assigned to an academic advisor based on their major. To find out who your advisor is, you can look for your advisor by major on the CSUSB “Who is my Advisor?” page.

When do I register for classes? 

If you are a new transfer student preparing to enter CSUSB, you will be able to register for classes after you complete the mandatory Orientation for new transfer students. After you complete the Orientation, the SOAR (Orientation) Hold on your account will be removed and you will then be able to register. For additional information on orientation, students can visit the CSUSB Orientation website or contact our Orientation team at or (909) 537-5233.

For continuing student, you will be notified via CSUSB email when registration appointments are posted to your myCoyote Student Center.  Registration appointments will post approximately one week prior to the opening of the registration period for each term.    

How do I know what classes to take my first semester at CSUSB?

Student will receive guidance on what classes to enroll in during Orientation. Additionally, you will be introduced to both your PAWS report and your roadmap, which will help you choose classes to enroll in. To view your roadmap, visit the CSUSB Undergraduate Roadmaps website and select the transfer roadmap for your major. 

What is an MMR hold? 

An MMR hold is a hold on your student record that requires you to provide documentation that you have had your Measles, Mumps, and Rubella vaccines. During your first semester, you do have a grace period which means it will not impact you in registering for classes. Proof of vaccination is required.  During your first semester at CSUSB, a grace period is given in the first 8 weeks of attendance and prior to the class registration period opening for the next term. If proof is not provided within the grace period, a hold impacting your access to register for classes will be placed on your student records, preventing your enrollment in the next term until proof is submitted to (and the hold released by) the Student Health Center. 

For more information, please contact the Student Health Center at (909) 537-5241.

How to I get involved at CSUSB? 

To get involved on campus, it is recommended that students follow different school organizations and departments on social media. Additionally, they can visit Coyote Connection in their myCoyote student portal to join extracurricular organizations and receive updates on extracurricular activities at CSUSB.