First Year Student Checklist - Fall 2020
Hey new Coyotes! Take a look at the checklist below to help you stay on track and informed throughout the fall 2020 semester. Most of the items on the list are not required or may not be applicable to you. Write down and check off what applies to you! Have questions? Contact email@example.com for more information.
Before Classes Begin
- Memorize your Coyote Identification Number
- Check your MyCoyote portal/To Dos
- Accept and decline any awards offered in your financial aid package
- Enroll in a payment plan or direct deposit
- August 13 – Fall tuition due
- August 21 - Attend New Student Convocation
- August 21 - Attend "Navigating your CSUSB Tech Tools"
- Follow us on Instagram or Twitter
- Check out the University and CSUSB Lingo List
Fall 2020 Semester
- Check your email DAILY for important information (event invites, deadlines, etc.)
- Follow us on Instagram or Twitter, or other departments and organizations you are interested in getting more information
- Start your fall 2020 courses! August 24th is the first day, or August 22nd for Saturday courses.
- Stop by our Ask Me! Drive Thru for help during the first week!
- Log into Blackboard for any class announcements
- Buy your textbooks
- Join the Student Mentoring Program
- Attend Weeks of Welcome Activities
- October 1 - Start or renew FAFSA and Scholarship applications
- Late October - Get ready to register for your spring courses! Pay attention to your holds and check your registration appointment.
- Take advantage of your academic resources: Writing Center, Tutoring Center and Supplemental Instruction (if applicable).