First Year Student Checklist - Fall 2020
Hey new Coyotes!
Take a look at the checklist below to help you stay on track and informed throughout the fall 2020 semester. Most of the items on the list are not required or may not be applicable to you. Write down and check off what applies to you! Have questions? Contact email@example.com for more information.
Before classes begin
- Purchase your parking permit
- Check your MyCoyote portal/To Dos
- September 6 (deadline) Sign up for the Four-Year Graduation Program
- Accept and decline any awards offered in your financial aid package
- Enroll in a payment plan or direct deposit
- August – Fall tuition due
- Complete the Growth Mindset Assessment
- Explore Handshake to help you find a job on campus
- Purchase a Commuter Meal Plan or add Dining Dollars to your account
- Memorize your Student Identification Number
- August 19 – Living on campus? Move in Day!
- Explore your Commuter options
- Map out your classes and decide where to park
- August 21 - Attend New Student Convocation (not mandatory but highly encouraged)
- Follow us on Instagram @csusbofye
- Check out the University and CSUSB Lingo List
Fall 202 Semester
- Check your email DAILY for important information (event invites, deadlines, etc.)
- Follow us on Instagram @csusbofye, or other departments and organizations you are interested in getting more information
- Keep your Coyote OneCard on you at all times
- Start your fall 2020 courses!
- Stop by our Ask Me! booths for help during the first week
- Get a free planner from ASI
- Stay connected with any events/workshops going around on campus
- Log into Blackboard for any class announcements or gradebook
- Buy your textbooks
- Join the Student Mentoring Program
- Attend Weeks of Welcome Activities
- October 1 - Start or renew FAFSA and Scholarship applications
- Attend a FAFSA workshop
- Take advantage of the Coyote PLUS Program: Writing Center, Tutoring Center and Supplemental Instruction (if applicable)
Check out the extended and downloadable version of the First Year Checklist.