Greetings and Welcome to Graduate Career Services
My name is Pamela Abell and I teach students the skills they need to go from college to career. My greatest professional joy is to help with resumes, interview skills, job search strategies, how to work a job fair, time management, and life planning.
I look forward to working with you. As a business or public administration major, your goal should be to have a good job lined up before you graduate. That won't happen by itself. It's your responsibility to see that it does, starting in your freshman year. We are here to show you the roadmap to that good job you always wanted. Below are some of the services we offer at JHBC Career Development services.
RESUME & COVER LETTERS
- Professional Critique
- Career worksheets with hundreds of key words
- Interview skills workshops
- Mock interview recorded online with feedback session
- Interview coaching
- Informational interviewing skills
- Use Big Interview to learn and practice your interview skills
- Career Services: Online tools and resources to create your career plan from college to retirement.
JOB FAIR OPPORTUNITIES
- How to work a job fair
- Campus recruiting events
TIME MANAGEMENT & PLANNING
- Getting Things Done by David Allen resources
- 100 Day Challenge and Life Planning
- Values clarification