Current Internship Opportunities
Below is a list of current internship opportunities for students within the Jack H. Brown College of Business & Public Administration majors - click below to review and apply. Students are encouraged to utilize all resources when seeking internships.
Please contact the JHBC Internship Coordinator with any questions: (909) 537-3881; or by email: email@example.com.
ADMN - Riverside County Student Internship
ORGANIZATION NAME: Riverside County
INTERNSHIP/JOB TITLE: Student Internship with Various Departments
HOURS PER WEEK: Part-time
WORK SCHEDULE: To Be Determined
WAGE/SALARY: $15.00 - $21.23 per hour
EMPLOYMENT START DATE: To Be Determined - Depending on Department Availability
COMPANY OVERVIEW: A Student Internship with the County of Riverside can offer a unique, hands-on experience that can complement classroom knowledge and serve as a foundation to launch a successful public service career. Participants can gain real work experience by being responsible for projects in their area of interest while positively impacting the community and residents of the County.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Under supervision, assists, and participates in the work performed by employees of a specific profession; through participation, receives supervised work experience in a specific professional vocation; and performs other related duties as required.
Incumbents of this class are current undergraduate or graduate students with a major study area directed towards a specific profession and departmental assignments. The incumbents are employed by County departments and are provided in-service training through participation in the actual duties and responsibilities assigned professional employees. A partial list of typical professions that Student Interns may participate in includes accounting, administration, law, human resources, planning, probation, and social work.
Examples of Essential Duties: (Depending on the area of assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following)
- Assist and participate in the day-to-day assigned work of professional employees.
- Assist and participate in special research, studies, surveys, and investigations; assist and participate in the compilation, tabulation, and analysis of information and data.
- Assist and participate in the preparation of briefs, reports, evaluations, specifications, and plans.
- Attend divisional and departmental staff meetings; prepare reports of suggestions and comments of observations regarding the various aspects of the department and program.
- May perform sub-professional assignments in support of professional staff.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average: Minimum 2.5 GPA required. Proof of most current unofficial/official transcript with cumulative GPA must be provided at time of application.
- Education: Current enrollment in, or recently graduated from, a Bachelor's or Master's program at an accredited college or university in a program relevant to the specific internship. Some positions may require current enrollment in an accredited graduate school program. Recent graduates are eligible to intern for up to one year from their graduation date.
- Knowledge of: The goals and functions of the specific profession to which assigned; use of computer hardware and software as needed to accurately perform duties.
- Ability to: Take direction and supervision; benefit and learn rapidly from on-the-job training; think logically and write clearly and concisely; compile data, perform arithmetical computations, analyze statistical data and prepare reports; learn to operate and use specialized equipment; maintain cooperative relations with co-workers and the public.
APPLICATION DETAILS: Apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/riverside
**PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSTING IS NOT AN ACTIVE RECRUITMENT**
This posting serves as an intern pool in the event that a County department requests a list of candidates and applying to this posting does not guarantee placement.**
IST, BSAN, MKTG, FIN, HR - Multiple Opportunities, Live Nation Entertainment
ORGANIZATION NAME: Live Nation Entertainment
INTERNSHIP OPENINGS INCLUDE:
- Client Support Technology Intern - Work from home, Unpaid Internship (school credit only)
- Research, Insights and Analytics Intern (Unpaid) - West Hollywood, CA
- Marketing Intern - Beverly Hills, CA
- Special Events Intern - Beverly Hills, CA
- LN Concerts, PSS Marketing Intern - Beverly Hills, CA
- Insomniac - Paid Fall Finance Intern - Calabasas, CA
- Insomniac - Paid Fall Marketing Intern - Calabasas, CA
- Insomniac - Paid Fall Human Resources Intern - Calabasas, CA
- Insomniac - Paid Fall PR & Promo Intern - Calabasas, CA
- Insomniac - Paid Fall Music Group Intern - Calabasas, CA
HOURS PER WEEK/SCHEDULE: Part-time
WAGE/SALRY: Paid and unpaid opportunities are available
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
POSITION DESCRIPTION and QUALIFICATIONS: Varies, depending on internship posting.
APPLICATION DETAILS: Search and apply for Live Nation Entertainment internships and jobs online.
ADMN/RLST/MGMT/MKTG/FIN/ACCT - SB County Student Appraiser Intern
INTERNSHIP NUMBER: JHBC- SB COUNTY - ARC
ORGANIZATION NAME: San Bernardino County - Assessor-Recorder-County Clerk
INTERNSHIP/JOB TITLE: Student Appraiser Intern
LOCATION: Offices are located in San Bernardino, Rancho Cucamonga, Hesperia, Big Bear, Twin Peaks and Joshua Tree
WORK SCHEDULE: Work schedules are flexible, but are set during business hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday
COMPANY OVERVIEW: The Department of the Assessor-Recorder-County Clerk is seeking student interns to work in the Assessor's office. The Assessor is responsible for locating, describing, and identifying ownership of all property within the County of San Bernardino; establishing a tax value for all properties subject to taxation; listing all taxable values on the assessment roll; and applying all legal exemptions.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The duties of a student appraiser intern may include:
1. Participating in securing and analyzing information relative to building costs, depreciation, yield rate, occupancy rate, expense ratios, real property sales and income data to determine income flows and capitalized earning ability of properties. May audit business records and books
2. Inspecting land and interiors and exteriors of buildings, new construction, mobile homes and other structures to determine factors affecting value. Measuring structures and drawing building sketches
3. Investigating property owner complaints
4. Participating in training programs and studying technical information on appraisal work and changes in the Revenue and Taxation Code
5. Writing reports and correspondence
6. Assisting staff in creating/developing spreadsheets
7. Reviewing asset listings and depreciation schedules
8. Performing other tasks as they are assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 semester (or equivalent 9 quarter) units, with a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA. The following concentrations are preferred: Accounting, Finance, Real Estate, Management, or Marketing. Proficiency in Word and Excel are highly desirable.
APPLICATION DETAILS: Submit a resume of interest to Jessica Chavez at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate - "SB County - Student Appraiser" in the subject line.
This position will CLOSE ON 11/17 at 5:00 PM
ADMN & IST - County of Orange Internships
INTERNSHIP NUMBER: JHBC-OC
ORGANIZATION NAME: Orange County
INTERNSHIP/JOB TITLE: Multiple Opportunities for Administration and IST
HOURS PER WEEK: Part-time, required hours depend on opportunity.
WORK SCHEDULE: Duration of internship varies depending on the specific opportunity. Hours must be scheduled during normal business hours (Monday – Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30/5 p.m.). Applicants able to schedule the maximum hours/duration listed for the internship typically gain a more in-depth experience.
EMPLOYMENT START DATE: To Be Determined
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Internships with the County of Orange offer students and recent graduates an opportunity to partner with one of the premiere employers in the region as they explore career options and apply their academic skills and knowledge to the workplace.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Visit the OC internship opportunities and click on the internship titles to learn more about the department, requirements, and application instructions.You may apply for more than one internship to enhance your efforts in securing placement. Please note that the following internships are unpaid and do not guarantee placement into a full-time position.
Opportunities in various departments, various concentrations/options:
- Administrative Support
- Social Media
- Policy and Legislative Affairs
- Public Affairs
QUALIFICATIONS: Qualifications vary.
APPLICATION DETAILS: To review full descriptions and apply, visit OC internship opportunities.
ENTR & MKTG - CementPro Internship
INTERNSHIP NUMBER: JHBC-CementPro
ORGANIZATION NAME: CementPro
INTERNSHIP/JOB TITLE: Marketing and Business Development Intern
LOCATION: In-person in Ontario, CA
HOURS PER WEEK: 15-20 hours per week during business hours (see Qualifications)
WORK SCHEDULE: To be determined
WAGE/SALARY: $15.00 per hour
EMPLOYMENT START DATE: As soon as possible
COMPANY OVERVIEW: We are a company committed to manufacturing and selling building products that exceed the expectations of our customers. We are devoted to making each of our products perform consistently and surpass the demanding standards of quality and workability in our industry.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The CementPro team is looking for a motivated individual to participate in the organization's day-to-day operations that include general office administration, HR, marketing and business development, and involvement in some long-range strategic planning. This position will be exposed to all areas of the organization including business development, supply chain management, social media marketing, and strategic planning.
QUALIFICATIONS: Microsoft Office proficiency; Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and research communication; Detail-oriented and a team player; Desire to learn and apply a variety of marketing strategies; Business Administration, Marketing, and/or Entrepreneurship students encouraged to apply.
Please be advised that the business hours for CementPro LLC dba is Monday through Friday, 7am-4pm. A qualified intern candidate must be able to adhere to a 15-20 work weekly schedule that is within business hours.
APPLICATION DETAILS: Send an email of interest and résumé to Jessica Chavez at email@example.com - please include JHBC-CementPro in the subject line.
Hospitality: College Intern – Resort Operations, Marriott Vacations Worldwide
ORGANIZATION NAME: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
INTERNSHIP/JOB TITLE: College Intern – Resort Operations JR18813
LOCATION: Nationwide, including Palm Desert and San Diego, CA *Please visit our website for a comprehensive list of locations
HOURS PER WEEK: Full-time
WORK SCHEDULE: To Be Determined
WAGE/SALARY: Competitive Pay! (Wages vary by location)
EMPLOYMENT START DATE: To Be Determined
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The College Internship Program is offered at select locations in the following 4 regions: East, Florida, West and Hawaii. Discounts and perks at Marriott International and Marriott Vacations Worldwide brands for associates, friends, and family.
- Immersion program offering participants work experience in one specific department
- Three-to-six-month program
- Comprehensive onboarding
- Participating in operational duties within assigned department
- eLearning opportunities
- Virtual Meetings with site and company leaders
- Successful College Interns will be given a high level of consideration when applying for future career opportunities with Marriott Vacation Club.
- Front Office
- Food & Beverage
- Safety & Security
- Candidate should be pursuing a college degree
- Preferred candidates pursuing a degree in Hospitality or Business
APPLICATION DETAILS: Search and apply online at careers.marriottvacationsworldwide.com/
MKTG - ESRI
INTERNSHIP NUMBER: ESRI - MKTG
ORGANIZATION NAME: ESRI
INTERNSHIP/JOB TITLE: Marketing Internships
LOCATION: Redlands, CA
HOURS PER WEEK/WORK SCHEDULE: To Be Determined
WAGE/SALARY: $26 - $30/hr.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We have opportunities on our industry solutions, marketing operations, and marketing communications teams. The projects interns work on vary based on the team they join. In the past, these included
Conducting market research for a business development campaign for various industries
Developing email and social media campaigns for the ArcGIS update release
Providing event support at the Esri User Conference
We look for students majoring in marketing, business, journalism, GIS, or geography and are currently enrolled in a 4-year Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD program at a university in the United States; undergrads must be in junior or senior standing
Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2024
Able to complete a 12-week internship beginning in May or June 2024
Have good writing and communication skills, research abilities, and social media experience
Some internships also require an interest in a particular domain for example, natural resources, government, health, or utilities
Applications Accepted: September 1 – December 31, 2023 at 5:00 pm PST
Interviews: Students selected for phone interviews will be notified by email on a rolling basis October 2023 - January 31, 2024
Internship: 12 weeks beginning in late May or June 2024
Note: After the December 31 application deadline, we will begin providing regular updates to all applicants on a rolling basis. Please log back into your account to view application status updates.
Apply online - visit ESRI
MULTIPLE OPPORTUNITIES! Business Interns, Riverside County Medical Association
INTERNSHIP NUMBER: JHBC-RCMA ADMN
ORGANIZATION NAME: Riverside County Medical Association
INTERNSHIP/JOB TITLE: Business Interns
LOCATION: Riverside County
HOURS PER WEEK/WORK SCHEDULE: To Be Determined, flexible schedule for students
COMPANY OVERVIEW: The Riverside County Medical Association (RCMA) is comprised of over 1,800 physicians, residents and medical students throughout Riverside County.
Established in 1893, RCMA is a professional association of Doctors of Medicine to promote the science and art of medicine, the care and well-being of patients, the protection of the public health and the betterment of the medical profession. RCMA unites with other county societies in the State of California to form the California Medical Association (CMA). We are governed by a Board of Councilors and function via the committee system.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Membership Interns assist the Riverside County Medical Association (RCMA) in various aspects of membership, communication, support, retention and recruitment activities. RCMA is seeking motivated business-focused interns who are ready to apply knowledge of business practices and processes in a fast-paced, real-world environment. This will be a valuable experience for any student pursuing a career in business administration.
- Perform research and analysis in support of operations
- Research and update physician groups in databases
- Create and update presentations in power point.
- Respond to various membership inquiries
- Conduct a variety of general administrative tasks as assigned
- Make recommendations to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Practical experience with varied business activities
- May perform additional projects upon request
- Flexible schedule for students
Learning Objectives: Interns will have learned the following upon completion of internship
- Develop and improve business skills including communications, customer service, work ethic, professional demeanor and teamwork.
- How to use databases including entering data, querying and reports
- Improve software skills and produce high quality documents in Word, Excel and Power Point
- Develop and use project related skills including research, analysis, organization, time management, initiative, adaptability and project completion.
QUALIFICATIONS: None specified. APPLY!
APPLICATION DETAILS: Send an email of interest and résumé to Jessica Chavez at firstname.lastname@example.org - please include JHBC-RCMA ADMNin the subject line.
ENTR/MGMT/MKTG - Asociacion de Emprendedoras
ORGANIZATION NAME: Asociacion de Emprendedor@s
INTERNSHIP/JOB TITLE: Programs Coordination Assistant
LOCATION: San Bernardino, CA
WORK SCHEDULE: Work schedules are flexible; desired start date: 12/11/23
WAGE/SALARY: Unpaid; must enroll in an internship course (counts towards concentration electives, 3-units)
COMPANY OVERVIEW: An association made by Hispanics for Hispanics where the Entrepreneurs and Microentrepreneurs of our Hispanic community in the United States continue their education in Empowerment, Leadership and Business in a social environment where there is Harmony, Balance, Responsibility, Integrity and Respect, achieving the continuity of their productive projects and the success of their Microenterprises.
The Programs Coordination Intern will play a vital role in supporting various administrative and logistics tasks related to our Emprendedor@s Programs, Emprendedor@s Programs 2.0, Capacitacion Empresarial para Emprendedor@s, in- person Lunch ‘n Learn events, and webinars Dinner ‘n Learn events.
This internship offers an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in program management and event coordination.
- Proficiency in both English and Spanish is required, this person will be required to communicate with a Spanish-speaking audience primarily.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PPT (Microsoft Office- Windows) & Zoom - manages calendars and schedules appointments.
- Event Planning.
- Ability to type at least 45 words per minute.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Some driving required.
APPLICATION DETAILS: Candidates should submit their updated resume, picture & and introductory letter to Jessica Chavez at: email@example.com. Please indicate - "Asociacion de Emprendedoras" in the subject line.
This position will CLOSE ON 11/26 at 5:00 PM
MKTG - Left Right Entertainment
ORGANIZATION NAME: LeftRight 4 U Foundation and LeftRight Entertainment
INTERNSHIP/JOB TITLE: Marketing Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: San Bernardino
WORK SCHEDULE: 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM, or 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM
WAGE/SALARY: TBD. If unpaid, student must enroll in an internship course (counts towards concentration electives, 3-units)
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Help and provide financial assistance, stability, and recovery resources to single mothers diagnosed with breast cancer or experiencing domestic violence. https://www.leftright4u.org/
- Customer service
- Task tracking
- Assist with business development, sales & marketing, phones
- Assist with building social medial campaigns, promotions & fundraising
- Cashiering, and handling of business development matters including marketing material preparations
- Maintain paperwork, electronic files, records and paperwork
- Generate leads & follow up
- Build rapport and and develop relationships
- Business administration and/or marketing, communication experience preferred
- Ability to prioritize to achieve desired company and project goals with prudence and sense of urgency
- Must have strong written and verbal skills
- Access to a computer with internet with the use of Microsoft office Suite, ( Words, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Google drive) Data Entry, Calendar Management and scheduling
- Experience with event planning, promotions and coordination
Submit a resume and email of interest to Jessica Chavez at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate - "Left Right Entertainment" in the subject line.
MKTG - The Original Mommie Helen's Bakery
ORGANIZATION NAME: The Original Mommie Helen's Bakery
INTERNSHIP/JOB TITLE: Marketing Intern
LOCATION: San Bernardino, CA
WORK SCHEDULE: Work schedules are flexible - to be determined
WAGE/SALARY: Unpaid; must enroll in an internship course (counts towards concentration electives, 3-units)
COMPANY OVERVIEW: A family-owned bakery that prepares tasty treats handed down from generations, starting with Helen "Mommie" Williams. Mommie Helen taught us that love and care adds an almost magical property to baked goods. https://www.mommiehelens.com/
The marketing intern will assist with marketing tasks for the bakery - social media/digital marketing and content management.
APPLICATION DETAILS: Candidates should submit their resume and email of interest to Jessica Chavez at: email@example.com. Please indicate - "Mommie Helen's Bakery" in the subject line.
ADMN - PAID Internship, Farmers Insurance PDC
ORGANIZATION NAME: Farmers Insurance
INTERNSHIP/JOB TITLE: PAID Internship
LOCATION: Palm Desert area
WAGE: $13.00-$15.00 per hour
WORK SCHEDULE: 15-20 hours per week
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Our District revolves around our vision and goals. These beliefs provide us with a unified clear understanding of our purpose to help Farmers agency owners in our District. I believe that if we adhere to our vision and meet our goals, we will be successful. Learn more about what it means to join my District and the Farmers family as an agency owner today.
ABOUT THE POSITION: Have experience being part of a Fortune 100 National Brand that has not been affected by the pandemic Learn how the "transfer of Risk" works on the industry level! A great opportunity EXCLUSIVELY for Palm Desert Campus student.
APPLICATION DETAILS: For more information, contact Michael Venne, Farmers District Manager
- 74836 Technology Dr, Ste 104, Palm Desert, CA 92211
- (760) 766-3866
- Get to know Michael Venne, District Manager
ACCT - Falcon Wealth Tax Service
ORGANIZATION NAME: Falcon Wealth Tax Service
INTERNSHIP/JOB TITLE: Tax Associate
LOCATION: Ontario, CA
WORK SCHEDULE: Work schedules are flexible (hybrid); 25 hours per week
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Falcon Wealth Tax Services is a Southern California CPA Firm that offers a wide range of tax and accounting services.
We have over 25 years of public accounting experience. Our President, Pete Gautreau, has served in national and local CPA firms throughout his career. He is leading our efforts to integrate tax and retirement strategies for high wealth individuals and small business owners.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Tax preparation of individual and entity returns. Participate in tax planning projects.
QUALIFICATIONS: Accounting concentration; previous tax experience preferred by not required. Anticipated start: January 2024
APPLICATION DETAILS: Send email of interest and resume to Jessica Chavez at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate: "Falcon Wealth Tax" in the subject line. First interviews will be conducted via phone, then second/final interviews will be in person.
MKTG - Kids That Code
ORGANIZATION NAME: Kids That Code
INTERNSHIP TITLE: Social Media Coordinator Intern
LOCATION: Riverside, CA
WORK SCHEDULE: Work schedules are flexible; desired start date: 1/20/24 (10 hours per week)
WAGE/SALARY: Unpaid; must enroll in an internship course (counts towards concentration electives, 3-units)
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Kids That Code, Inc. is an Education in Technology company dedicated to empowering children with the skills and knowledge needed to thrive in the digital age. Through engaging and innovative programs, we aim to inspire a passion for coding and technology in young minds, fostering creativity and critical thinking.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Kids That Code, Inc. is seeking a dynamic and creative Social Media Coordinator Intern to join our team. As the Social Media Coordinator Intern, you will play a crucial role in promoting our organization, engaging our audience, and expanding our online presence across various social media platforms.
Content Creation: Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) that aligns with Kids That Code, Inc's. mission and values. Create visually appealing graphics, images, and videos to accompany social media posts.
Community Engagement: Foster and maintain relationships with our online community, responding to comments, messages, and mentions.
Encourage user-generated content and coordinate with participants to share their experiences.
Plan and execute social media campaigns to promote programs, products, and services.
Monitor and analyze campaign performance, providing insights and recommendations for improvement.
Stay up-to-date with social media trends, algorithm changes, and best practices.
Manage the organization's social media calendar, scheduling posts for optimal engagement.
Analytics and Reporting:
Utilize analytics tools to track and report on key social media metrics.
Provide regular reports on social media performance, highlighting successes and areas for improvement.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in marketing, or a related field.
- Proven experience in social media management, preferably for a business or educational setting.
- Strong understanding of various social media platforms and their respective best practices.
- Proficiency in graphic design tools and video editing software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative mindset with the ability to think outside the box.
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Passion for education and the mission of Kids That Code, Inc.
Students must enroll in an internship course for credit. This position is hybrid
APPLICATION DETAILS: Send your resume to email@example.com with subject line (Social Media Coordinator Internship). Deadline to apply: 12/31/23
FIN - Operations Specialist, Falcon Wealth Planning
ORGANIZATION NAME: Falcon Wealth Planning
INTERNSHIP/JOB TITLE: Operations Specialist
WORK SCHEDULE: TBD
ABOUT FALCON WEALTH PLANNING
Falcon Wealth Planning, Inc. Is designed to help clients achieve their financial goals while controlling their taxes, fees, and the risk they take on their investments. We specialize in comprehensive financial planning. What separates us from other financial planning firms is our detail and expertise in tax planning, real estate planning, social security planning, retirement income planning, estate planning, investment planning, and insurance planning. We are proudly a FEE ONLY Registered Investment Advisor and help our clients with identifying areas of key financial planning opportunities to help increase their financial situation as efficiently as possible.
Falcon Wealth Planning was founded in 2015 with a focus on tax-efficient comprehensive financial planning and asset management for pre-retirees and retirees. Since its founding, the company has experienced triple digit growth annually, and is nationally ranked as one of the fastest-growing fee-only Registered Investment Advisors. Falcon Wealth Planning has also been recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the 2018 Best Workplaces.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Operations Specialist supports and assists the financial planning team in all aspects of the client experience. This individual prepares and processes client paperwork; researches and resolves account related issues; prepares performance and other analytical reports; and communicates with clients, internal associates, and third parties. This role works closely with the financial planning team to provide a first-rate experience for all clients. .
As an Operations Specialist with Falcon Wealth Planning, you will be part of a rapidly growing financial planning firm. Your experience is a vital part of our success, and we will provide you with all the training and resources you need. You may also qualify for advancement to other positions depending on your credentials.
- Prepares, processes, tracks, and follows-up on paperwork for new and existing clients
- Communicates with clients, internal associates, and external professionals to research and resolve account related issues
- Prepares performance and other analytical reports for financial planners
- Data entry into financial planning software and internally-created reports to assist in creating comprehensive financial plans for clients
- Assists financial planning team and operations manager with other projects as needed
- Ability to communicate with clients and associates in a clear and concise manner
- Familiarity with general office software (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail & accuracy, and commitment to quality
- Flexibility to change priorities and support other associates
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required initially
- Relevant educational or professional experience (finance, accounting, or business administration)
APPLICATION DETAILS: Send an email of interest and résumé to Jessica Chavez at firstname.lastname@example.org - please include JHBC-Falcon Wealth Internship in the subject line.
ADMN - Henkel (Multiple Opportunities) - Supply Chain, Marketing, Finance
ORGANIZATION NAME: Henkel
LOCATION: Various (Culver City, Irvine, Stamford, CT)
MAJORS: Finance, Supply Chain, Management, Marketing/Sales
WORK SCHEDULE: To Be Determined
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Building on a strong legacy of more than 145 years, we are leading the way to reimagine and improve life every day. Today and for generations to come. Through our innovative and sustainable brands and technologies, across our teams around the world.
Henkel holds leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses: Our portfolio includes well-known hair care products, laundry detergents, fabric softeners as well as adhesives, sealants, and functional coatings.
Henkel is seeking interns for the following areas:
- Supply Chain - Spring, Summer, and Fall 2024 (Stamford, CT)
- Management and Marketing MBA - Spring and Summer 2024 (Culver City, CA)
- Marketing and Sales - Spring, Summer, and Fall 2024 (Culver City, CA)
- Finance - Summer 2024 (Culver City and Irvine, CA)
APPLICATION DETAILS: Locate the internship of interest and apply online - click here
MGMT- CED (Year Round Internship)
INTERNSHIP NUMBER: JHBC-CED
ORGANIZATION NAME: Consolidated Electrical Distributors
INTERNSHIP/JOB TITLE: Management Trainee
WORK SCHEDULE: Flexible
HOURS PER WEEK: 25-40 hours/week
LOCATION: On-Site (not a virtual position)
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Since 1957 CED has expanded into a coast-to-coast network of sales and distribution warehouses with more than 600 locations nationwide. The CED management philosophy allows each manager to operate an independent business or “Profit Center” by remaining sensitive to local customers’ needs while still benefiting from the advantages afforded to a national distributor. Managers are guided by the principles of “service, integrity and reliability.” CED is an Equal Opportunity/Disability/Veteran Employer
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Consolidated Electrical Distributors, a nationwide, wholesale electrical distributor is seeking to hire Management Trainees in Southern California. We have locations in Orange County, the Inland Empire, San Diego County, and Los Angeles County. This is a fully-comprehensive position that is designed to give you hands-on experience in the wholesale distribution industry and grow you within CED into a Profit Center General Manager in 2 years.
Ideal candidate has had part-time work experience in high school or college, ideally in customer service, sales and business setting. Although previous industry experience is not necessary, a desire to build a career within the electrical distribution business, on a sales and management track, is imperative to success.
Ideal candidate has a desire to commit to a company and learn and grow within the organization and be willing to take the time necessary to fulfill the potential of the training.
The Management Training position will intricately train you in all elements of our Company and Industry in a structured, rotational training position while giving you the opportunity to make decisions and contribute to growth with management.
QUALIFICATIONS: Junior/senior CSUSB administration student; Excellent verbal, written, and customer services skills; ability to utilize Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
APPLICATION DETAILS: Send a cover letter and résumé to Jessica Chavez at email@example.com - please include JHBC-CED in the subject line.
HR - Children's Fund, HR Intern
ORGANIZATION NAME: Children's Fund
INTERNSHIP/JOB TITLE: Human Resources Intern
LOCATION: San Bernardino, CA
HOURS PER WEEK: 10-15 hours per week
WORK SCHEDULE: To Be Determined within business hours (MON-FRI 8:00 am-4:30 pm)
WAGE/SALARY: CSUSB Stipend ($1,000) paid at the end of the term; must be enrolled in an internship course to be eligible
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Children's Fund serves our communities' most vulnerable children by funding and equipping agencies and nonprofits that serve children who are experiencing poverty, abuse, and neglect. We are positioned to leverage donations to help provide essential services and resources to our region's most vulnerable children.
We are seeking an enthusiastic HR Intern to join our team and provide invaluable support to our HR department. Your role will involve performing a variety of administrative tasks, including updating employee records, screening resumes, and scheduling interviews. This internship offers an excellent opportunity to gain firsthand experience in HR operations and gain insight into our organization’s approach to payroll, recruiting, and employee development. As an HR Intern, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth running of our HR policies and procedures. Your attention to detail and organizational skills will be utilized in maintaining accurate employee records and assisting with various HR-related activities. Additionally, you will have the chance to contribute to the coordination of company events and gain exposure to different facets of HR management. If you are eager to kickstart your HR career and work in a dynamic environment that values growth and development, we look forward to meeting you and providing you with a valuable learning experience. Join our team and embark on a rewarding journey in the field of Human Resources.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Update our internal databases with new employee information, including contact details and employment forms
- Gather payroll data like leaves, working hours
- Screen resumes and application forms – if needed
- Schedule and confirm interviews with candidates - if needed
- Post, update and remove job ads from job boards, careers pages and social networks
- Prepare HR-related reports as needed (like training budgets by department)
- Address employee queries about benefits (like number of remaining vacation days)
- Review and distribute company policies in digital formats or hard copies
- Participate in organizing company events and careers days
- Audit our employee files for compliance and needed documents
- Position reports to Cynthia Gonzalez, HR/Operations Manager, Children’s Fund
- Any other HR related projects / issues as assigned
- Current JHBC junior, senior, or graduate-level student with an HR concentration
- Must enroll in an JHBC internship course
- Experience as a Staff Assistant or similar junior HR role is a plus
- Familiarity with HRIS and resume databases is a plus
- Experience with MS Office
- Good understanding of full-cycle recruiting
- Excellent communicator / willing to learn HR related duties
HOW TO APPLY?
- Send an email of interest and resume to Jessica Chavez at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: "HR-Children's Fund" in the subject line.
ADMN - Sales & Supply Chain Internship - Fastenal
Open positions based on company need. Check for updates online at careers.fastenal.com
ORGANIZATION NAME: Fastenal
INTERNSHIP/JOB TITLE: Sales & Supply Chain Internship Opportunities
HOURS PER WEEK/WORK SCHEDULE: Up to 28 hours per week during open hours Monday-Friday 7:00am-5:00pm. Full-time is also available.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Our mission within Fastenal's School of Business is to collaboratively maximize the potential of each employee by consistently providing efficient, effective, and engaging learning opportunities to drive improved work performance. The experience includes on-the-job, online, instructor led classroom and virtual trainings which will equip you with the knowledge, skills and strategies to be successful in your role and grow with the company.
OVERVIEW: Working as Part-Time Supply Chain Associate, you will be responsible for the day-to-day supply chain activities supporting the ongoing development of existing and prospective customers. You will communicate the value of inventory management solutions in order to grow partnerships. Fastenal offers a 401(k) with an employer contribution.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The responsibilities of this position will present opportunities to learn something new every day. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting business-to-business sales and customer service activities
- Managing inventory, placing and fulfilling orders, receiving and shipping inventory
- Administering procurement functions, including estimating/quoting prices and sourcing product
- Making deliveries with a company vehicle to fulfill inventory at customer sites
- Coordinating resources to respond to customer supply chain needs
- Participating in continuous improvement projects and Lean optimizations
REQUIRED POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: The following skills and qualifications are required for this position:
- 18 years of age or older, due to the nature of work
- Possess a current full valid driver's license issued in the country where the job is located (including successful completion of any applicable graduated license program for your state or province) as well as the ability to meet our driving record requirements to use a company vehicle, as needed
- Possess or are working towards a degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations, Management, Marketing, Sales or related field of study OR have customer service or industry related work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Highly motivated, self directed and customer service oriented
- Demonstrate strong math aptitude, attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Demonstrate strong organization, planning and prioritizing abilities
- Exhibit strong problem solving, deductive reasoning and decision making skills
- Demonstrate our core values of ambition, innovation, integrity and teamwork
- Lift, slide and lower packages that typically weigh 25lbs-50lbs and may weigh up to 75lbs
- Comply with the Federal Contractor Vaccine Mandate through vaccination or approved exemption prior to the start of employment (applicable in the US ONLY)
- Pass the required drug screen (applicable in the US, Puerto Rico and Guam ONLY)
APPLICATION DETAILS: Search and apply online. Apply for open positions.
PA - Arrowhead United Way
INTERNSHIP NUMBER: JHBC-AUW
ORGANIZATION NAME: Arrowhead United Way
INTERNSHIP/JOB TITLE: Internship Program
WORK SCHEDULE: To Be Determined
COMPANY OVERVIEW: It's a credo. A mission. A goal. A constant reminder that when we reach out a hand to one, we influence the condition of all. We build the strength of our neighborhoods. We bolster the health of our communities. And we change the lives of those who walk by us every day.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Several of our agencies are always in need of volunteers. It is best to volunteer for those organizations that match your interest. Look at our partner's listed on funded programs to see those organizations that we help support or give us a call and we will work to find a great volunteer opportunity for you, your company, and/or you family.
- Career Development - Build your resume, develop and learn new skills, and explore career options
- Understand Your Community - Increase your social awareness and learn about the population you are serving
- Self-Esteem - You will gain self-confidence, and develop a sense of independence and purpose as you are challenged to discover new talents and strengths
- Networking - Meet a diverse group of fun and energetic people and be an active member of the community
- Help Others - Make a difference in your community or someone's life by giving your time and talent
APPLICATION DETAILS: If interested in the Internship Program, fill out the volunteer application (online form) and click SUBMIT.
MKTG - Catch a Spirit
ORGANIZATION NAME: Catch a Spirit
INTERNSHIP/JOB TITLE: Creative Content Development/Marketing
LOCATION: Palm Springs, CA
HOURS PER WEEK: 15
WORK SCHEDULE: To Be Determined
- Design and develop an elevated visual brand aesthetic for a contemporary artist who’s work is rooted in social commentary and cultural diversity.
- Maintain consistency across all content deliverables (branding/logos, website, social media platforms, promotional materials, videos, etc.)
- Maintain a pulse on the contemporary arts industry and activism communities to deliver content that authentically resonates in those spaces.
DESIRABLE SKILLS: Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.), Photography/Editing, Videography/Editing, Web Design/Layout, Interactive/Social Media/SEO, Copy Writing/Editing
ACQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Marketing & Communications principles and strategies; Arts and social justice education is a plus!
DELIVERABLES: Re-brand and manage website content: Refine artist bio and artist statement, Organize artist works by collection inclusive of concept/storytelling, Highlight past and upcoming events/exhibits, Upload video content (Behind-the-scenes, events, etc.), Create contact page (Subscription sign-up, social media links, and contact form/info), Maintain consistent visual aesthetic across all components, Manage social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube), Build a social media calendar leveraging key cultural/storytelling moments to amplify artist’s work, Curate photo/video content that amplifies the artist’s brand and activity (Behind-the-scenes, events, artwork, etc.), Work with artist to write captions that promote social movement and authentically speak to the work’s concept, Maintain consistent visual aesthetic across all content, Highlight past and upcoming events/exhibits, Connect with relevant accounts and identify any cross-promotional opportunities, Develop a rolodex/distribution list of like-minded industry contacts (i.e. established and emerging contemporary artists, activists/social justice advocates, curators, galleries, museums, educational institutions, educators, art & design/social justice publications, interior designers, and influencers), Develop quarterly email newsletters/marketing and manage distribution
- Enhance your resume with the experience of elevating visibility of professional artist
- $200 Scholarship
- One-year membership to the Palm Springs Art Museum
- Transportation allowance
- Possible professional development workshop(s)
APPLICATION DETAILS: Please email a statement of interest, including qualifications, number of hours available weekly, and availability for an interview (Zoom or in-person); please include contact information. Send information to Deborah McDuff Williams, MFA: email@example.com