Financial aid disbursements are determined by the sessions enrolled and the total number of units. Based on federal regulations, Summer 2018 financial aid disbursements will occur after Spring 2018 final grades are posted and after the 2017/2018 Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) has been processed.
Federal Pell Grant
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 6 units in Regular Session or Session 6W1 for grant disbursements to be made.
- Classified credential students must be enrolled in at least 6 units of Pell eligible teaching credential courses.
- For students who enroll less-than half-time in Session Regular or Session 6W1, but who enroll in additional units for Session 6W2, making them at least half-time between all sessions, the first disbursement of grants will NOT be made until the start of Session 6W2.
- Loan funds will be issued in one disbursement, at the beginning of the summer session that reflects half time enrollment.
Example: Student C enrolls in 4 units of 6W1 and 2 units in 6W2. Student will officially be at least half time at beginning of 6W2 for loans to disburse.
- If you withdraw during any session and have received a financial aid disbursement, then you may be required to repay financial aid funds.