The CARE Team is not tasked with responding to emergencies. If this is an emergency and you are in need of immediate assistance contact CSUSB Police at (909) 537-5165 or dial 911.
What Happens When You Contact the CARE Team
The CARE Team will assess the referral and make a determination about a course of action to proceed in helping the individual and the campus community. If there is a mental health concern, specialized members of the team will provide follow-up and resources to the individual. If a crime is alleged, the police will investigate and, when appropriate, the student may be prosecuted. Similarly, if a violation of the Student Code of Conduct is alleged, the student may be subject to disciplinary action. If it is assessed that the individual's presence on campus or participation in University activities may threaten campus health or safety, or significantly disrupt University activities or functions, immediate steps will be taken to protect the campus community.
CARE Team Members
CARE is a multidisciplinary team with membership representing many domains of the university. Below is a list of the core members. Representatives of other units attend CARE Team meetings for specific cases and participate as needed;
- Co-Chairs: AVP and Dean of Students; and Interim AVP for Student Services
- Associate Dean of Palm Desert Campus
- Chief of University Police (Or designee)
- Associate VP Human Resources
- Director of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Director of Student Conduct and Ethical Development
- Title IX Coordinator (or designee)
- Director of Housing & Residential Life (Or designee)
- Director of Services to Student with Disabilities
- Faculty Member