The CARE Team is not tasked with responding to emergencies. If this is an emergency and you are in need of immediate assistance contact CSUSB Police at (909) 537-5165 or dial 911.
When to Contact the CARE Team
Contact the CARE team when any community member may be in distress, in need of additional support, or exhibiting concerning behavior. It is encouraged that community members report any concerns and these can range from issues of emotional distress, issues of basic needs, or concerning behavior. Please, feel free to contact the CARE Team should any of these issues or others arise.
You may have concern and should refer to the CARE Team if the individual:
- Has expressed issues of homelessness or food insecurity.
- Exhibits an abrupt change in performance, behavior or appearance;
- Demonstrates a pattern of absences from class or activities;
- Engages in bizarre behavior or seems to be disconnected from reality;
- Is disruptive and does not follow direction to stop when instructed to do so;
- Has inappropriate boundaries: Asks for help in dealing with personal issues that are out of your role as a student, faculty or staff member;
- Exhibits or reports drug/alcohol abuse;
- Has engaged in behavior that causes you or others to be concerned for safety (e.g. yelling, intimidation, name-calling);
- Creates a hostile environment in class (others stop attending because of the behavior);
- Threatens to harm him/herself or others;
- Writes about committing violent acts;
- Is consistently angry or depressed.
- To report a concern please complete the CARE referral form. CARE can also be reached at CARE@csusb.edu or (909)537-2273.
Uncertain about reporting and need advice/consultation?
Contact the CARE Team at CARE@csusb.edu for consultation or call (909) 537-CARE (2273) to talk through your concerns and discuss the issues that are making you consider reaching out to the team.