- Increase the availability of information to students about the existence of post secondary education, the available sources of financial aid, and career opportunities
- Improve students’ access to higher education by raising their achievement levels
- Reduce the duplication of services by coordinating outreach efforts
- Academic Support
- College Application Assistance
- Financial Aid Workshops
- FAFSA Application Assistance
- DREAM Act Application Assistance
- Scholarship Application Assistance
- Financial Literacy Workshops
- Parent Engagement
- Summer Programs
- College Tours
- And much more...
Workshop Request Form
Do you want to request a workshop for your student organization or class? We at Cal-SOAP are available to lead requested presentations and workshops with at least two weeks in advance of the intended presentation date.
Please allow up to two business days for us to respond to your request. If you have questions about requesting a presentation or to check the status of your request, contact Cal-SOAP at 909.537.3638 or send an email to email@example.com
Workshop Menu of Services 2020-2021
In an effort to continue to streamline information and resources for students and since 60% of districts in SB County are using CaliforniaColleges.edu, this seems like a strategic decision to support K-12 districts in gathering important data on their students’ college interests. Also, CaliforniaColleges.edu is where students will find the most accurate information about CCCs outside of individual CCC websites, as our data comes directly from the CCCCO. The districts not part of College Next (aka partnered with CCGI) can still use CaliforniaColleges.edu for free.
Parent Resources - Services
Supportive parents are a huge factor in the success of students as the transition to college represents a social and emotional change for both the student and the parent.
Nearly 40% of low-income, first generation students drop out or leave college without earning their degrees. Thus, working as a family to support your college student increases the likelihood that they will graduate from high school and college. Cal-SOAP encourages families to support their children in navigating the path to post-secondary education and ensuring college graduation.
For more information on Parent Resources, visit familiesinschools.org.